2019-20 UEFA Champions League – Napoli vs Liverpool Preview & Prediction
When does Napoli vs Liverpool kick off? Tuesday 17th September, 2019 – 20:00 (UK)
Where is Napoli vs Liverpool being played? Stadio San Paolo
What are the expected weather conditions for Napoli vs Liverpool? Clear, 24c
What TV channel is Napoli vs Liverpool on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to UEFA Champions League matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Napoli vs Liverpool in the UK? Subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Napoli vs Liverpool?
What was the score in the last meeting between Napoli & Liverpool? Liverpool 1-0 Napoli
THE TEAM NEWS
- After being involved in two 4-3 matches, Napoli's defence finally managed a much-needed clean sheet in a 2-0 win over Sampdoria on Saturday.
- Carlo Ancelotti made some changes for that game but he is expected to bring back the likes of Allan and the fit-again Insigne into the side.
- Despite the clean sheet, changes are expected in defence with Hysaj, Ghoulam and Manolas all candidates to come back into the starting XI.
Predicted line-up (4-4-2): Ospina; Malcuit, Manolas, Koulibaly, Ghoulam; Callejon, Allan, Fabian Ruiz, Zielinski; Mertens, Insigne
Unavailable: Chiriches (Injured), Milik (Injured), Tonelli (Injured)
Doubtful: Hysaj (Injured)
- Liverpool continued their strong start to the season by beating Newcastle 3-1 as they start the defence of their Champions League crown.
- Firmino was left on the bench for that game but came on after Origi picked up a knock and he will come back in and join Mane and Salah.
- Gomez and Milner are two candidates to come into the side as part of Klopp's rotations which are increasingly likely in the coming weeks.
Predicted line-up (4-3-3): Adrian; Gomez, Matip, Van Dijk, Robertson; Fabinho, Milner, Henderson; Salah, Firmino, Mane
Unavailable: Clyne (Injured), Alisson (Injured), Keita (Injured), Origi (Injured)
Doubtful: Robertson (Injured)
Napoli won this fixture 1-0 last year when they met in the Champions League group stage but Liverpool grew as the tournament went on before winning it. With this being the opening fixture, both teams may be more cautious than usual, so it is reasonable not to expect too many goals in this one.