2019-20 UEFA Champions League – Man City vs Shakhtar Donetsk Preview & Prediction
When does Man City vs Shakhtar Donetsk kick off? Tuesday 26th November, 2019 – 20:00 (UK)
Where is Man City vs Shakhtar Donetsk being played? Etihad Stadium
What TV channel is Man City vs Shakhtar Donetsk on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to UEFA Champions League matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Man City vs Shakhtar Donetsk in the UK? Subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Man City vs Shakhtar Donetsk?
Shakhtar Donetsk – https://shakhtar.com/en/tickets/matches/
What was the score in the last meeting between Man City & Shakhtar Donetsk? Shakhtar Donetsk 0-3 Man City
THE TEAM NEWS
- Manchester City's 100% record in the Champions League this season ended with a 1-1 draw at Atalanta last time out but they will seal top spot in Group C with victory over Shakhtar.
- First-choice goalkeeper Ederson returned to the starting line-up against Chelsea on Saturday and his return was timely with Claudio Bravo suspended for this match.
- Striker Sergio Aguero is definitelt out after limping off against Chelsea so Gabriel Jesus should start, while David Silva and Rodri both came off with cramp and may be rested
Predicted line-up (4-3-3): Ederson; Walker, Stones, Otamendi, Angelino; Rodri, Gundogan, De Bruyne; Bernardo Silva, Gabriel Jesus, Sterling
Unavailable: Sane (Injured), Laporte (Injured), Zinchenko (Injured), Bravo (Suspended), Aguero (Injured)
Doubtful: David Silva (Injured), Rodri (Injured)
- Shakhtar Donetsk will qualify for the last 16 if they pull off an upset at the Etihad and they warmed up for this test with a 4-1 win at home to Lyiv in the league on Friday evening.
- Marlos is suspended having been sent off against Dinamo Zagreb three weeks ago but captain Taison, who was suspended for Friday's league match, is set to return on the opposite flank.
- Taison is out through injury so Yevhen Konoplyanka, who made his comeback from injury against Lyiv, will likely start again while Andriy Totovytsky and Manor Solomon remain out.
Predicted line-up (4-2-3-1): Pyatov; Bolbat, Matviyenko, Kryvtsov, Ismaily; Stepanenko, Marcos Antonio; Tete, Kovalenko, Konoplyanka; Junior Moraes
Unavailable: Marlos (Suspended), Totovytsky (Injured), Solomon (Injured), Taison (Injured), Dentinho (Injured)
These two sides meet for the fourth time in just over a year. Manchester City have won the previous three encounters with an aggregate score of 12-0 and they have scored two or more goals in 11 of their last 13 Champions League games, so it is likely to be a familiar tale this time.