2019-20 UEFA Champions League – Lyon vs RB Leipzig Preview & Prediction
When does Lyon vs RB Leipzig kick off? Tuesday 10th December, 2019 – 20:00 (UK)
Where is Lyon vs RB Leipzig being played? Groupama Stadium
What TV channel is Lyon vs RB Leipzig on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to UEFA Champions League matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Lyon vs RB Leipzig in the UK? Subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Lyon vs RB Leipzig?
What was the score in the last meeting between Lyon & RB Leipzig? RB Leipzig 0-2 Lyon
THE TEAM NEWS
- Lyon come into this game knowing their fate is firmly within their own hands with a win sending them through to the last 16.
- A draw may also be good enough for Lyon but a point will only see them progress providing Zenit also lose to Benfica in the other game.
- The French side could be short of options at the back with Rafael picking up a knock at the weekend while Dubois and Kone are also out.
Predicted line-up (4-3-3): Lopes; Tete, Marcelo, Denayer, Fernando Marcal; Reine-Adelaide, Thiago Mendes, Tousart; Aouar, Dembele, Depay
Unavailable: Dubois (Injured), Kone (Injured), Tatarusanu (Injured)
Doubtful: Rafael (Injured), Cornet (Injured)
- RB Leipzig are already through to the last 16 of the UCL but they need at least a point to be confirmed as the winners of Group G.
- The German side are on a brilliant run of form having won seven of their last eight in all competitions and have not lost since October.
- Timo Werner will lead the line for Leipzig and will hope to translate his league form into the UCL having scored nine in his last five.
Predicted line-up (4-4-2): Gulacsi; Klostermann, Mukiele, Upamecano, Halstenberg; Sabitzer, Laimer, Demme, Forsberg; Werner, Poulsen
Unavailable: Kampl (Injured), Konate (Injured), Orban (Injured), Adams (Injured), Ilsanker (Ineligible)
Doubtful: Wolf (Injured)
Lyon need a win to be certain of their place in the last 16 and will actually top the group if they manage that. They have a difficult task on their hands as they host RB Leipzig and with both teams set to attack, it is likely that the pair will be able to find the back of the net.