2019-20 UEFA Champions League – Lokomotiv Moscow vs Atletico Madrid Preview & Prediction
When does Lokomotiv Moscow vs Atletico Madrid kick off? Tuesday 1st October, 2019 – 20:00 (UK)
Where is Lokomotiv Moscow vs Atletico Madrid being played? RZD Arena
What are the expected weather conditions for Lokomotiv Moscow vs Atletico Madrid? Cloudy, 10c
What TV channel is Lokomotiv Moscow vs Atletico Madrid on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to UEFA Champions League matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Lokomotiv Moscow vs Atletico Madrid in the UK? Subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Lokomotiv Moscow vs Atletico Madrid?
Lokomotiv Moscow – https://tickets.fclm.ru/ru/
Atletico Madrid – http://en.atleticodemadrid.com/tickets/
What was the score in the last meeting between Lokomotiv Moscow & Atletico Madrid? Lokomotiv Moscow 1-5 Atletico Madrid
THE TEAM NEWS
- Lokomotiv Moscow are top of Group D following their 2-1 win at Bayer Leverkusen on matchday one and they beat Zenit 1-0 in the Premier League at the weekend.
- Coach Yuri Semin will again be without Boris Rotenberg, Jefferson Farfan, Mikhail Lyson, Aleksey Miranchuk and Anton Miranchuk, who have all been out of action lately with injuries.
- Semin does therefore not have too many options for rotation so it could well be the same side that started on Saturday, which was also the XI who started against Leverkusen.
Predicted line-up (4-5-1): Guilherme; Ignatyev, Höwedes, Ćorluka, Rybus; Zhemaletdinov, Barinov, Krychowiak, Murilo, João Mário; Smolov
Unavailable: Rotenberg (Injured), Farfan (Injured), Lyson (Injured), Aleksey Miranchuk (Injured), Anton Miranchuk (Injured)
- Atletico Madrid shared a goalless draw with city rivals Real in La Liga on Saturday and have lost just three of their last 23 matches in European competition.
- Striker Alvaro Morata is available again having been suspended for the Madrid derby but he has not started in over a month, with Joao Felix and Diego Costa currently the preferred front pairing.
- Winger Vitolo will not make the trip to Russia after suffering an injury against Real so either Angel Correa or fit-again Thomas Lemar will start.
Predicted line-up (4-4-2): Oblak; Trippier, Gimenez, Savic, Renan Lodi; Koke, Llorente, Saul, Correa; Joao Felix, Diego Costa
Unavailable: Borja Garces (Injured), Vrsaljko (Injured), Vitolo (Injured)
Atletico Madrid won 5-1 when they visited the RZD Arena in the Europa League in March 2018 and they are clear favourites in this tie. Diego Simeone's men have kept a clean sheet in each of their last three outings and it would not be surprising to see them win by two or three goals.