2019-20 UEFA Champions League – Liverpool vs Salzburg Preview & Prediction
When does Liverpool vs Salzburg kick off? Wednesday 2nd October, 2019 – 20:00 (UK)
Where is Liverpool vs Salzburg being played? Anfield
What are the expected weather conditions for Liverpool vs Salzburg? Cloudy, 10c
What TV channel is Liverpool vs Salzburg on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to UEFA Champions League matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Liverpool vs Salzburg in the UK? Subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Liverpool vs Salzburg?
What was the score in the last meeting between Liverpool & Salzburg? N/A
THE TEAM NEWS
- Holders Liverpool will be looking to get their campaign off the ground after losing 2-0 at Napoli in their opening game, but they have won their three matches since then.
- First-choice goalkeeper Alisson is expected to return to full training this week but this match will probably come too soon, so Adrian is set to continue between the sticks.
- There is likely to be some rotation so Joe Gomez and James Milner could start, while Naby Keita should return to the squad after sitting out Saturday's trip to Sheffield United.
Predicted line-up (4-3-3): Adrian; Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, Van Dijk, Robertson; Henderson, Fabinho, Milner; Salah, Firmino, Mane
Unavailable: Clyne (Injured), Shaqiri (Injured), Alisson (Injured), Matip (Injured)
Doubtful: Keita (Injured)
- Salzburg were one of the standout performers on matchday one, thrashing Genk 6-2 at home on their debut in the group stage, and they remain unbeaten in all competitions this season.
- Teenage striker Erling Haaland, who stole the headlines on matchday one with a hat-trick, is a serious doubt after missing Saturday's match against Austria Wien through illness.
- Coach Jesse Marsch was able to rest key players such as Andreas Ulmer, Dominik Szoboszlai and Hwang Hee-Chan at the weekend so they are set to come back into the side.
Predicted line-up (4-2-2-2): Stankovic; Kristensen, Andre Ramalho, Wober, Ulmer; Mwepe, Junuzovic; Minamino, Szoboszlai; Hwang Hee-Chan, Haaland
Unavailable: Walke (Injured), Bernede (Injured)
Doubtful: Haaland (Illness)
Liverpool have won seven of their last eight Champions League games at Anfield and have scored two or more goals in six of those. They should continue that run against Salzburg, although the visitors are certainly not to be underestimated and are more than capable of scoring themselves.