2019-20 UEFA Champions League – Liverpool vs Genk Preview & Prediction
When does Liverpool vs Genk kick off? Tuesday 5th November, 2019 – 20:00 (UK)
Where is Liverpool vs Genk being played? Anfield
What TV channel is Liverpool vs Genk on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to UEFA Champions League matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Liverpool vs Genk in the UK? Subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Liverpool vs Genk?
What was the score in the last meeting between Liverpool & Genk? Genk 1-4 Liverpool
THE TEAM NEWS
- Liverpool needed two late goals to pick up a win at Aston Villa and that victory maintained their undefeated record in the Premier League.
- Victory in this game against Genk is now essential before two huge games against Napoli and Salzburg that will decide who progresses.
- Jurgen Klopp could rotate his side in order to keep legs fresh ahead of Liverpool's crucial game with Manchester City at the weekend.
Predicted line-up (4-3-3): Alisson; Gomez, Lovren, Van Dijk, Robertson; Milner, Fabinho, Wijnaldum; Oxlade-Chamberlain, Firmino, Origi
Unavailable: Clyne (Injured), Shaqiri (Injured), Matip (Injured)
- Genk's troubles in the Belgian league continued at the weekend and they will come into this on the back of a 2-0 loss to KAS Eupen.
- The Belgian side have picked up just one point from the tough Group E and conceded six in their one away game at Salzburg so far.
- Jere Uronen is the only doubt for Genk alongside long-term absentee Danny Vukovic and the left-back is expected to miss the trip to Anfield.
Predicted line-up (4-4-1-1): Coucke; Maehle, Cuesta, Lucumi, De Norre; Ito, Berge, Hrosovsky, Bongonda; Hagi; Samatta
Unavailable: Vukovic (Injured), Uronen (Injured)
Even a potential weakened Liverpool side is unlikely to save Genk from another defeat. The home side have won seven of their last nine UCL matches and are unbeaten on home soil in all competitions this season which is likely to result in a comfortable victory for the reigning champions.