2019-20 UEFA Champions League – Juventus vs Bayer Leverkusen Preview & Prediction
When does Juventus vs Bayer Leverkusen kick off? Tuesday 1st October, 2019 – 20:00 (UK)
Where is Juventus vs Bayer Leverkusen being played? Allianz Stadium
What are the expected weather conditions for Juventus vs Bayer Leverkusen? Cloudy, 17c
What TV channel is Juventus vs Bayer Leverkusen on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to UEFA Champions League matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Juventus vs Bayer Leverkusen in the UK? Subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Juventus vs Bayer Leverkusen?
Bayer Leverkusen – https://ticketshop.bayer04.de/SpielAuswahl
What was the score in the last meeting between Juventus & Bayer Leverkusen? Bayer Leverkusen 3-1 Juventus
THE TEAM NEWS
- Juventus squandered a two-goal lead in their group opener at Atletico Madrid but they have won their three Serie A games since then, although they remain second behind Inter - who they play next weekend.
- All-time Champions League top scorer Cristiano Ronaldo is fit to play having returned from injury against SPAL, with Gonzalo Higuain expected to be recalled alongside him in attack.
- Alex Sandro has returned after travelling to Brazil for family reasons, which will be a relief to coach Maurizio Sarri who is without fellow full-backs Danilo and Mattia De Sciglio through injury.
Predicted line-up (4-1-2-1-2): Buffon; Cuadrado, Bonucci, De Ligt, Alex Sandro; Pjanic; Khedira, Matuidi; Dybala; Higuain, Cristiano Ronaldo
Unavailable: Perin (Injured), Chiellini (Injured), De Sciglio (Injured), Danilo (Injured), Pjaca (Injured), Douglas Costa (Injured), Mandzukic (Ineligible), Can (Ineligible)
- After three games without a win in all competitions, Bayer Leverkusen have returned to winning ways with 2-0 and 3-0 victories over Union Berlin and Augsburg respectively.
- Key man Leon Bailey is the only definite absentee but Karim Bellarabi is a doubt, while Wendell, Kerem Demirbay and captain Lars Bender could all be recalled to the starting line-up after being rested on Saturday.
- Striker Joel Pohjanpalo returned to the squad at Augsburg after a year and a half out with persistent injury problems but it remains to be seen whether he will travel to Turin, with only seven substitutes allowed in this competition.
Predicted line-up (4-2-3-1): Hradecky; L. Bender, Dragovic, S. Bender, Wendell; Baumgartlinger, Aranguiz; Havertz, Amiri, Volland; Alario
Unavailable: Bailey (Injured)
Doubtful: Bellarabi (Injured)
Juventus' recent record in the Champions League is not particularly good, with just one win in their last six European outings. They should overcome Bayer Leverkusen but the visitors have scored in all but one of their last 10 away games in all competitions, so a clean sheet may well elude Juve.