2019-20 UEFA Champions League – Galatasaray vs Real Madrid Preview & Prediction
When does Galatasaray vs Real Madrid kick off? Tuesday 22nd October, 2019 – 20:00 (UK)
Where is Galatasaray vs Real Madrid being played? Türk Telekom Stadyumu
What are the expected weather conditions for Galatasaray vs Real Madrid? Clear, 17c
What TV channel is Galatasaray vs Real Madrid on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to UEFA Champions League matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Galatasaray vs Real Madrid in the UK? Subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Galatasaray vs Real Madrid?
Galatasaray – https://europe.ticketbis.com/galatasaray-tickets/ca4291
Real Madrid – https://www.realmadrid.com/en/tickets
What was the score in the last meeting between Galatasaray & Real Madrid? Real Madrid 4-1 Galatasaray
THE TEAM NEWS
- Galatasaray are winless in their last seven Champions League matches and they have not been at their best in the Super Lig either, winning just three of their eight games.
- Striker Radamel Falcao is the main injury concern for coach Fatih Terim having missed the last few games, while midfielder Mario Lemina is also a doubt.
- Yuto Nagatomo will be recalled at left-back in place of Emre Tasdemir, who like a number of players is not registered in the Champions League squad.
Predicted line-up (4-1-4-1): Muslera; Mariano, Luyindama, Marcao Teixeira, Nagatomo; Nzonzi; Feghouli, Belhanda, Seri, Babel; Andone
Unavailable: Durmaz (Ineligible), Antalyali (Ineligible), Tasdemir (Ineligible), Calik (Ineglible), Akbaba (Injured), Falcao (Injured)
Doubtful: Lemina (Injured)
- Real Madrid suffered their first league defeat of the season at Mallorca on Saturday, which only increases the pressure on them to get a result in Istanbul.
- Los Blancos have confirmed their 21-man squad for the match and Luka Modric and Gareth Bale, who both missed the Mallorca clash, are out again, along with Nacho Fernandez, Lucas Vasquez and Marco Asensio.
- On a positive note, Toni Kroos has been included in the squad having recovered quicker than expected from a muscle strain, while Eden Hazard, who did not travel to Mallorca due to the birth of his child, also returns.
Predicted line-up (4-3-3): Courtois; Dani Carvajal, Varane, Sergio Ramos, Mendy; Valverde, Casemiro, Kroos; Vinicius Junior, Benzema, Hazard
Unavailable: Bale (Injured), Nacho (Injured), Marco Asensio (Injured), Modric (Injured), Lucas Vazquez (Injured), M. Diaz (Out of favour)
Nothing less than a win will do for Real Madrid here after a poor start to the campaign. Zidane will want to see a reaction from his charges after Saturday's league defeat and that could be bad news for Galatasaray, who are not in great form themselves. Los Blancos will not pull any punches.