2019-20 UEFA Champions League – Chelsea vs Bayern Munich Preview & Prediction
When does Chelsea vs Bayern Munich kick off? Tuesday 25th February, 2020 – 20:00 (UK)
Where is Chelsea vs Bayern Munich being played? Stamford Bridge
What TV channel is Chelsea vs Bayern Munich on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to UEFA Champions League matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Chelsea vs Bayern Munich in the UK? Subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Chelsea vs Bayern Munich?
Bayern Munich – https://tickets.fcbayern.com/internetverkauf/EventList.aspx
What was the score in the last meeting between Chelsea & Bayern Munich? Chelsea 2-3 Bayern Munich
THE TEAM NEWS
- Chelsea ended their run of four matches without a win in the Premier League as they saw off Tottenham with a solid display at the weekend.
- The win over Spurs was timely for Frank Lampard's men ahead of this tough tie with Bayern Munich in which they will not be at full strength.
- N'Golo Kante will again be missing in midfield and that is a big blow with Mateo Kovacic likely to deputise in this encounter.
Predicted line-up (3-4-2-1): Caballero; Azpilicueta, Christensen, Rudiger; James, Jorginho, Kovacic, Marcos Alonso; Willian, Mount; Abraham
Unavailable: Van Ginkel (Injured), Pulisic (Injured), Kante (Injured), Hudson-Odoi (Injured)
Doubtful: Pedro (Injured)
- Bayern Munich were far from their best and needed a late goal to see off the challenge of Bundesliga's bottom side Paderborn on Friday.
- The Germans have not lost a competitive match since the start of December and will prove difficult to beat in this contest.
- Bayern were without suspended duo Jerome Boateng and Benjamin Pavard on Friday but the pair should return to the defence for this one.
Predicted line-up (4-3-3): Neuer; Pavard, Boateng, Alaba, Davies; Kimmich, Thiago Alcantara, Muller; Gnabry, Lewandowski, Coman
Unavailable: Sule (Injured), Javi Martinez (Injured), Perisic (Injured)
Doubtful: Goretzka (Injured)
- Chelsea are unbeaten in their last 5 Champions League matches.
- Bayern Munich have won their last 6 Champions League matches.
- Bayern Munich have scored at least 2 goals in 10 of their last 12 Champions League matches.
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 8 of Bayern Munich's last 10 Champions League matches.
- Both teams have scored in 4 of Chelsea's last 5 Champions League matches.
- Bayern Munich have scored the first goal in their last 3 Champions League matches.
Chelsea proved too good for Tottenham as they gained a big confidence boost ahead of this clash with Bayern Munich. The English side face a huge challenge in this first leg and could well struggle against the class of Bayern with the visitors likely to come away from Stamford Bridge with the win.