2019-20 UEFA Champions League – Borussia Dortmund vs PSG Preview: Team News & Predicted Line-ups
THE TEAM NEWS
- Borussia Dortmund's goalscoring form continued on the weekend as they fired in four in a comfortable home win over Eintracht Frankfurt and their performances at Signal-Iduna Park especially have been eye-catching in recent weeks.
- Dortmund have now scored 22 goals in their last five league matches and that ability in front of goal will be crucial in this tie and, although a number of players have been chipping in with goals, all eyes will be on recent acquisition Erling Braut Haaland who has taken the Bundesliga by storm since signing from Salzburg.
- England international Jadon Sancho is another who has caught the eye lately with some impressive performances domestically. Meanwhile, head coach Lucien Favre will still be without injured attacking pair Marco Reus and Julian Brandt but he has plenty of other options at his disposal.
Predicted line-up (3-4-2-1): Burki; Piszczek, Hummels, Zagadou; Hakimi, Witsel, Can, Raphael Guerreiro; Sancho, Hazard; Haaland
Unavailable: Delaney (Injured), Reus (Injured), Brandt (Injured)
- PSG's winning run came to an end as they were held by Amiens in an enthralling 4-4 draw in their league clash at the weekend but with a sizeable lead at the top of the Ligue 1 table, they will have had one eye on this Champions League clash as they are desperate for success in Europe.
- The French champions were once again without Neymar in their last game while fellow forward Kylian Mbappe was afforded a rest but both have been included in their squad for this match and both are likely to take to the pitch.
- Head coach Thomas Tuchel may therefore have a selection headache in attack with Mauro Icardi, Edinson Cavani and Angel Di Maria all vying for spots, while elsewhere defender Abdou Diallo has failed to make the trip to Germany so Marquinhos will partner compatriot Thiago Silva in central defence.
Predicted line-up (4-2-2-2): Navas; Meunier, Marquinhos, Thiago Silva, Juan Bernat; Gueye, Verratti; Neymar, Di Maria; Icardi, Mbappe
Unavailable: Dagba (Injured), Diallo (Injured), Choupo-Moting (Ineligible)
Doubtful: Kimpembe (Injured), Neymar (Injured)