2019-20 UEFA Champions League – Bayer Leverkusen vs Lokomotiv Moscow Preview & Prediction
When does Bayer Leverkusen vs Lokomotiv Moscow kick off? Wednesday 18th September, 2019 – 20:00 (UK)
Where is Bayer Leverkusen vs Lokomotiv Moscow being played? BayArena
What are the expected weather conditions for Bayer Leverkusen vs Lokomotiv Moscow? Clear, 12c
What TV channel is Bayer Leverkusen vs Lokomotiv Moscow on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to UEFA Champions League matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Bayer Leverkusen vs Lokomotiv Moscow in the UK? Subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Bayer Leverkusen vs Lokomotiv Moscow?
Bayer Leverkusen – https://ticketshop.bayer04.de/SpielAuswahl
Lokomotiv Moscow – https://tickets.fclm.ru/ru/
What was the score in the last meeting between Bayer Leverkusen & Lokomotiv Moscow? Lokomotiv Moscow 1-3 Bayer Leverkusen
THE TEAM NEWS
- Leverkusen come into this game off the back of a 4-0 loss at Dortmund so preparations for this Champions League opener have not been ideal.
- Demirbay is carrying a knock ahead of this match which makes him doubtful so Baumgartlinger could step into a central midfield role for him.
- Coach Peter Bosz may contemplate a change in defence after the poor performance so that could see Dragovic come into contention here.
Predicted line-up (4-2-3-1): Hradecky; L. Bender, S. Bender, Tah, Wendell; Baumgartlinger, Aranguiz; Bellarbi, Havertz, Bailey; Volland
Unavailable: Pohjanpalo (Injured)
Doubtful: Demirbay (Injured)
- Lokomotiv warmed up for this Champions League opener in Germany by producing a solid display in beating Sochi 1-0 at the weekend.
- Yuri Semin will be expecting a similarly stout defensive display here but he may be without Howedes who is doubtful so Murilo may come in.
- Anton Miranchuk is another doubt here so if he fails a fitness test, then Eder or the more defensive Rybus could come into the starting XI.
Predicted line-up (4-2-3-1): Guilherme; Zhivoglyadov, Murilo, Corluka, Ignatyev; Krychowiak, Barinov; Zhemaletdinov, Joao Mario, Eder; Smolov
Unavailable: Farfan (Ineligible), Aleksey Miranchuk (Injured)
Doubtful: Howedes (Injured), Anton Miranchuk (Injured)
Leverkusen were unceremoniously hammered 4-0 by Dortmund last weekend but they will be fired up for the return to Champions League action. They have a decent record in the competition recently unlike their opponents, and they should have to much attacking firepower for Lokomotiv in this one.