2019-20 UEFA Champions League – Bayer Leverkusen vs Atletico Madrid Preview & Prediction
When does Bayer Leverkusen vs Atletico Madrid kick off? Wednesday 6th November, 2019 – 20:00 (UK)
Where is Bayer Leverkusen vs Atletico Madrid being played? BayArena
What TV channel is Bayer Leverkusen vs Atletico Madrid on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to UEFA Champions League matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Bayer Leverkusen vs Atletico Madrid in the UK? Subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Bayer Leverkusen vs Atletico Madrid?
Bayer Leverkusen – https://ticketshop.bayer04.de/SpielAuswahl
Atletico Madrid – http://en.atleticodemadrid.com/tickets/
What was the score in the last meeting between Bayer Leverkusen & Atletico Madrid? Atletico Madrid 1-0 Bayer Leverkusen
THE TEAM NEWS
- Having lost all three of their group games so far, Bayer Leverkusen realistically need to win this one to stand any chance of going through.
- Leon Bailey, Wendell and Charles Aranguiz all returned from injury against Borussia Monchengladbach on Saturday, and Bailey may start here as he is suspended for the next league match.
- That leaves Daley Sinkgraven and captain Lars Bender as the only absentees for coach Peter Bosz, who will be hoping to see an improved performance from his side.
Predicted line-up (4-2-3-1): Hradecky; Weiser, Tah, S. Bender, Wendell; Baumgartlinger, Demirbay; Bellarabi, Havertz, Bailey; Volland
Unavailable: Sinkgraven (Injured), L. Bender (Injured)
- Atletico Madrid are unbeaten in 11 games in all competitions and will seal their place in the next round if they win and Lokomotiv Moscow lose in the other fixture.
- Coach Diego Simeone has several injury worries, with Kieran Trippier and Thomas Lemar both doubtful after coming off at half-time during Saturday's 1-1 draw at Sevilla.
- First-choice centre-back pairing Stefan Savic and Jose Gimenez have resumed light training but are unlikely to feature here, and the game will also come too soon for Joao Felix.
Predicted line-up (4-4-2): Oblak; Arias, Felipe, Hermoso, Renan Lodi; Correa, Saul, Partey, Koke; Alvaro Morata, Diego Costa
Unavailable: Borja Garces (Injured), Vrsaljko (Injured), Joao Felix (Injured)
Doubtful: Savic (Injured), Trippier (Injured), Lemar (Injured), Gimenez (Injured)
Solid is the best way to describe Atletico at the moment, as they are unbeaten in 11 games in all competitions and all but one of them have produced fewer than three goals. Leverkusen, who have been struggling for goals in the Champions League, will have a job breaking down this Atletico defence.