2019-20 UEFA Champions League – Barcelona vs Internazionale Preview & Prediction
When does Barcelona vs Internazionale kick off? Wednesday 2nd October, 2019 – 20:00 (UK)
Where is Barcelona vs Internazionale being played? Camp Nou
What are the expected weather conditions for Barcelona vs Internazionale? Cloudy, 22c
What TV channel is Barcelona vs Internazionale on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to UEFA Champions League matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Barcelona vs Internazionale in the UK? Subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Barcelona vs Internazionale?
Internazionale – https://www.inter.it/en/biglietteria
What was the score in the last meeting between Barcelona & Internazionale? Internazionale 1-1 Barcelona
THE TEAM NEWS
- Barcelona had to settle for a point at Borussia Dortmund on matchday one, with Group F already shaping up to be one of the most intriguing in this year's Champions League.
- Coach Ernesto Valverde has a number of injury concerns going into this one, most notably Lionel Messi, who suffered an injury in his first start of the season last week and is battling to be fit.
- Wingers Ousmane Dembele and Ansu Fati are also doubts after missing Saturday's match against Getafe, so B team player Carles Perez could start in attack again.
Predicted line-up (4-3-3): Ter Stegen; Nelson Semedo, Pique, Lenglet, Junior Firpo; De Jong, Busquets, Arthur; Messi, Luis Suarez, Griezmann
Unavailable: Umtiti (Injured), Jordi Alba (Injured), Fati (Injured)
Doubtful: Dembele (Injured), Messi (Injured)
- Internazionale remain top of Serie A with maximum points but they needed a last-minute equaliser to salvage a draw in their Champions League opener at home to Slavia Prague two weeks ago.
- Alexis Sanchez made his first start in Saturday's game against Sampdoria, scoring and being sent off, and will be hoping to feature against his former club, although Romelu Lukaku should be recalled up front.
- Coach Antonio Conte has a full squad available so one of his hardest decisions will be whittling down his subs bench from 12 to seven players.
Predicted line-up (3-5-2): Handanovic; Skriniar, De Vrij, Godin; Candreva, Gagliardini, Brozovic, Barella, Asamoah; Sanchez, Lukaku
Both these sides were involved in low-scoring games on matchday one and with Inter conceding just three goals in seven competitive games this season, and Barcelona keeping a clean sheet in four of their last five Champions League games, this could be a contest where defences are on top.