2019-20 UEFA Champions League – Atletico Madrid vs Juventus Preview & Prediction
When does Atletico Madrid vs Juventus kick off? Wednesday 18th September, 2019 – 20:00 (UK)
Where is Atletico Madrid vs Juventus being played? Estadio Wanda Metropolitano
What are the expected weather conditions for Atletico Madrid vs Juventus? Clear, 22c
What TV channel is Atletico Madrid vs Juventus on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to UEFA Champions League matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Atletico Madrid vs Juventus in the UK? Subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Atletico Madrid vs Juventus?
Atletico Madrid – http://en.atleticodemadrid.com/tickets/
What was the score in the last meeting between Atletico Madrid & Juventus? Atletico Madrid 2-1 Juventus
THE TEAM NEWS
- Atletico have made a solid start to the season but they suffered a setback at the weekend as they were beaten 2-0 by Real Sociedad.
- Oblak was forced to come off in the loss at the weekend due to a facial injury but he is expected to be fine to start against Juventus.
- Diego Simeone may contemplate a more defensive option in midfield with Llorente favoured to come in for the more attacking option in Lemar.
Predicted line-up (4-4-2): Oblak; Trippier, Gimenez, Savic, Renan Lodi; Vitolo, Llorente, Saul, Koke; Diego Costa, Joao Felix
Unavailable: Borja Garces (Injured), Vrsaljko (Injured), Alvaro Morata (Injured)
Doubtful: Oblak (Injured), Partey (Injured)
- Juventus were held to a goalless draw by Fiorentina at the weekend in a game that saw Maurizio Sarri return to the dugout after illness.
- They suffered a couple of injury blows in that match as Douglas Costa and Pjanic both picked up injuries that will likely rule them out.
- With Danilo also a slight injury doubt, that should see Cuadrado, Bentancur and Bernardeschi come into the starting eleven in Madrid.
Predicted line-up (4-3-3): Szczesny; Cuadrado, Bonucci, De Ligt, Alex Sandro; Bentancur, Khedira, Matuidi; Bernardeschi, Higuain, Cristiano Ronaldo
Unavailable: Perin (Injured), Chiellini (Injured), De Sciglio (Injured), Pjaca (Injured), Mandzukic (Ineligible), Can (Ineligible), Douglas Costa (Injured)
Doubtful: Danilo (Injured), Pjanic (Injured)
These two met in the round of 16 last season and Juventus came back from a 2-0 first leg deficit to win the second leg 3-0 thanks to Ronaldo's stunning hat-trick. Their previous matches when they have met in the group stage have been cagey however and it is unlikely there will be many goals here.