2019-20 UEFA Champions League – Atletico Madrid vs Bayer Leverkusen Preview & Prediction
When does Atletico Madrid vs Bayer Leverkusen kick off? Tuesday 22nd October, 2019 – 17:55 (UK)
Where is Atletico Madrid vs Bayer Leverkusen being played? Estadio Wanda Metropolitano
What are the expected weather conditions for Atletico Madrid vs Bayer Leverkusen? Rain, 11c
What TV channel is Atletico Madrid vs Bayer Leverkusen on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to UEFA Champions League matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Atletico Madrid vs Bayer Leverkusen in the UK? Subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Atletico Madrid vs Bayer Leverkusen?
Atletico Madrid – http://en.atleticodemadrid.com/tickets/
Bayer Leverkusen – https://ticketshop.bayer04.de/SpielAuswahl
What was the score in the last meeting between Atletico Madrid & Bayer Leverkusen? Atletico Madrid 0-0 Bayer Leverkusen
THE TEAM NEWS
- Atletico Madrid are unbeaten in seven games in all competitions following Saturday's 1-1 draw at home to Valencia, and they have not a Champions League match at home in over two years.
- Full-backs Renan Lodi and Kieran Trippier should be restored to the starting line-up after being rested against Valencia, with either Mario Hermoso or Felipe partnering Jose Gimenez in the centre.
- Joao Felix has been ruled out after picking up an injury against Valencia so either Thomas Lemar or Angel Correa will come into the attack.
Predicted line-up (4-4-2): Oblak; Trippier, Gimenez, Felipe, Renan Lodi; Saul, Koke, Partey, Lemar; Alvaro Morata, Diego Costa
Unavailable: Borja Garces (Injured), Vrsaljko (Injured), Savic (Injured), Joao Felix (Injured), Saponjic (Out of favour)
- Bayer Leverkusen lost 3-0 at Eintracht Frankfurt in the Bundesliga on Friday, just as they did at Juventus in their last Champions League outing.
- Leon Bailey was due to make his comeback against Frankfurt but suffered a fresh injury setback in the final training session and will be out for another few weeks.
- Defenders Jonathan Tah and Lars Bender were only fit enough for the bench on Friday but should start here, while Wendell will be assessed after coming off injured.
Predicted line-up (4-2-3-1): Hradecky; Weiser, Tah, S. Bender, L. Bender; Baumgartlinger, Demirbay; Havertz, Amiri, Volland; Alario
Unavailable: Aranguiz (Injured), Sinkgraven (Injured), Bailey (Injured), Wendell (Injured)
Bayer Leverkusen do not normally have problems finding the net but they have failed to score in three of their last four away games. Atletico have not been particularly high-scoring themselves but they are very solid, particularly at home, so they should stand their ground here.