2019-20 UEFA Champions League – Atalanta vs Valencia Team News: expected line-ups, injuries and suspensions
THE TEAM NEWS
- Atalanta came from behind to pick up a vital victory over Roma at the weekend as they made it four games without defeat in Serie A and they currently sit in fourth place domestically.
- The Italian side only won one of their three home matches in the group stage but they also impressively held Man City to a draw and picked up seven points from their last three matches to pull qualification out of the hat.
- Atalanta appear to have no injury doubts ahead of this first leg and Gian Piero Gasperini knows his side have no excuses if they are beaten so the focus will be very much be on taking a win into the second leg.
Predicted line-up (3-4-1-2): Gollini; Rafael Toloi, Palomino, Djimsiti; Hateboer, De Roon, Freuler, Gosens; Gomez; Ilicic, Zapata
- Valencia were unable to bounce back from their heavy loss to Getafe as they were held to a draw by Atletico Madrid at the weekend and their general form will be concern for head coach Albert Celades given that they have not picked up a win in their last three matches in all competitions.
- Albert Celades has plenty of issues to deal with ahead of this fixture with Gabriel Paulista unavailable due to suspension but it could be that a change in personnel will have a positive effect as the Spaniards look to nick a result at the San Siro.
- Piccini and Garay are out through injury for this match and they could be joined on the sidelines by Cillessen, Florenzi, Coquelin, Rodrigo and Manu Vallejo so it is likely that the La Liga side will be significantly weakened for this first leg.
Predicted line-up (4-4-2): Jaume Domenech; Wass, Diakhaby, Coquelin, Gaya; Ferran Torres, Dani Parejo, Kondogbia, Carlos Soler; Gameiro, Maxi Gomez
Unavailable: Gabriel Paulista (Suspended), Piccini (Injured), Garay (Injured)
Doubtful: Cillessen (Injured), Florenzi (Injured), Coquelin (Injured), Rodrigo (Injured), Manu Vallejo (Injured)