2019-20 UEFA Champions League – Atalanta vs Shakhtar Donetsk Preview & Prediction
When does Atalanta vs Shakhtar Donetsk kick off? Tuesday 1st October, 2019 – 17:55 (UK)
Where is Atalanta vs Shakhtar Donetsk being played? Stadio Giuseppe Meazza
What are the expected weather conditions for Atalanta vs Shakhtar Donetsk? Rain, 21c
What TV channel is Atalanta vs Shakhtar Donetsk on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to UEFA Champions League matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Atalanta vs Shakhtar Donetsk in the UK? Subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Atalanta vs Shakhtar Donetsk?
Shakhtar Donetsk – https://shakhtar.com/en/tickets/matches/
What was the score in the last meeting between Atalanta & Shakhtar Donetsk? N/A
THE TEAM NEWS
- Atalanta will be buoyed by this being their first ever Champions League fixture albeit at the San Siro in Milan as they welcome Shakhtar.
- They produced an outstanding performance at the weekend as they won 4-1 away to Sassuolo but their home form has been mixed this season.
- After their disappointing 0-4 loss against Dinamo Zagreb on matchday one, they will be fired up to get a positive result against Shakhtar.
Predicted line-up (3-4-2-1): Sportiello; Rafael Toloi, Djimsiti, Masiello; Castagne, De Roon, Freuler, Gosens; Ilicic, Gomez; Zapata
Doubtful: Muriel (Injured)
- After being outclassed by Man City on matchday one, Shakhtar have responded with two consecutive wins in the league with two clean sheets.
- The squad is relatively settled right now but Junior Moraes was left on the bench at the weekend and will surely return to the team here.
- Key veteran defender Krivtsov was another that was held out in the 4-0 win over Vorskla but he too is expected to get the start in Milan.
Predicted line-up (4-2-3-1): Pyatov; Dodo, Krivtsov, Matviyenko, Ismaily; Stepanenko, Alan Patrick; Solomon, Taison, Konoplyanka; Junior Moraes
Unavailable: Khocholava (Injured), Maycon (Injured), Butko (Injured)
Doubtful: Totovytsky (Injured)
This promises to be a fascinating game between two teams that were heavily beaten on matchday one. They desperately need a win if they are to have any chance of reaching the knockout phase and that should well lead to an open and entertaining match with plenty of goals at both ends.