When does Ajax vs Chelsea kick off? Wednesday 23rd October, 2019 – 17:55 (UK)
Where is Ajax vs Chelsea being played? Johan Cruijff Arena
What are the expected weather conditions for Ajax vs Chelsea? Cloudy, 13c
What TV channel is Ajax vs Chelsea on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to UEFA Champions League matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Ajax vs Chelsea in the UK? Subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Ajax vs Chelsea?
What was the score in the last meeting between Ajax & Chelsea? Ajax 3-1 Chelsea
THE TEAM NEWS
- Ajax are unbeaten in all competitions this season and have won nine of their last 10 matches, including both in the Champions League.
- Nicolas Tagliafico is set to return at left-back having been suspended for Saturday's Eredivisie match against RKC Waalwijk, and David Neres could also be recalled.
- That aside, Erik ten Hag is likely to stick with the same side that started at Waalwijk, as Hassane Bande and Carel Eiting remain the only two injury absentees.
Predicted line-up (4-3-3): Onana; Dest, Veltman, Blind, Tagliafico; Van de Beek, Promes, Martinez; Ziyech, Tadic, David Neres
Unavailable: Eiting (Injured), Bande (Injured)
- Chelsea travel to Amsterdam in confident mood following five successive wins in all competitions, and they have tightened up defensively as well.
- Ross Barkley is the latest injury concern for manager Frank Lampard after limping off during Saturday's win over Newcastle, so Mateo Kovacic is set to start.
- Emerson and Kante were not risked against Newcastle but could be available for the trip to Amsterdam, but centre-back Andreas Christensen will miss out again.
Predicted line-up (4-3-3): Kepa; Azpilicueta, Zouma, Tomori, Marcos Alonso; Kovacic, Jorginho, Mount; Willian, Abraham, Hudson-Odoi
Unavailable: Van Ginkel (Injured), Loftus-Cheek (Injured), Rudiger (Injured)
Doubtful: Emerson (Injured), Kante (Injured), Barkley (Injured)
Ajax have not conceded in their last four European games but that run may well end against an improving Chelsea side who have only failed to score in one of their last 12 games in all competitions. Both teams are characterised by youth and flair, which should make for an open contest.