2019-20 Spanish Primera – Espanyol vs Deportivo Alaves Preview & Prediction
When does Espanyol vs Deportivo Alaves kick off? Saturday 13th June, 2020 – 12:00 (UK)
Where is Espanyol vs Deportivo Alaves being played? RCDE Stadium
Where can I get tickets for Espanyol vs Deportivo Alaves? No tickets are available as these matches are being played behind closed doors
What TV channel is Espanyol vs Deportivo Alaves on in the UK? This match will be televised live on LaLigaTV (Sky channel 435, Virgin channel 554) for those with a Premier Sport subscription
Where can I stream Espanyol vs Deportivo Alaves in the UK? Premier Sport subscribers in the UK can stream the match live via a Premier Player subscription
bet365 customers may be able to stream this match live via their website and you can check their schedule here
THE TEAM NEWS
- Espanyol sit rock bottom of La Liga so they are in desperate need of making a fast start after the break and as they sit six points from safety, this is exactly the kind of game they need to win to survive.
- Boss Abelardo will be without his regular starting goalkeeper Diego Lopez for this match after he was sent off in their last game against Osasuna so back-up Andres Prieto will come in between the sticks.
- Other than Corchia, he has a fully fit squad at his disposal here but he will have to decide whether to go with three central midfielders or a more attacking formation with a 4-2-3-1 and an extra creative or attacking player.
Predicted line-up (4-5-1): Andres Prieto; Javi Lopez, Cabrera, Espinosa, Didac Vila; Wu Lei, Marco Roca, Victor Sanchez, David Lopez, Adri Embarba; Raul de Tomas
Unavailable: Diego Lopez (Suspended), Corchia (Injured)
Doubtful: Raul de Tomas (Injured)
- Alaves continue to keep good distance between themselves and the relegation places as they had picked up eight points from their previous five games before the break and they will be keen to avoid defeat here.
- They will be without key forward Joselu for this match as he is suspended so that will likely lead to a change in formation to 4-2-3-1 from their usual 4-4-2 with Manu Garcia returning to the side.
- With a seven-point gap ahead of Mallorca in the final relegation place, Alaves have plenty of breathing room but they will look to keep chipping away and draws away from home would certainly be welcome.
Predicted line-up (4-2-3-1): Pacheco; Ximo Navarro, Laguardia, Rodrigo Ely, Ruben Duarte; Manu Garcia, Fejsa; Aleix Vidal, Camarasa, Burke; Lucas Perez
Unavailable: Joselu (Suspended)
THE KEY STATS
- Espanyol have won only 2 of their last 17 league games
- Espanyol have won only 1 of their previous 13 home league games this season
- Espanyol have drawn 4 of their last 5 home league games
- Espanyol have kept just 1 clean sheet in their previous 13 home league games this season
- Espanyol have not failed to score in their last 8 home league games
- Deportivo Alavés have lost only 1 of their last 6 league games
- Deportivo Alavés have won only 3 of their last 13 league games
- Deportivo Alavés have kept just 1 clean sheet in their last 13 league games
- Deportivo Alavés have only failed to score in 1 of their last 11 league games
- Deportivo Alavés have scored the first goal in 3 of their last 4 league games
Espanyol have only won one match at home in the league all season and that is something that will have to be remedied fast if they are to have any chance of staying up. They will target this match as one they have to win so a fast start will be imperative. Abelardo will have his men highly motivated and if Alaves do not match their intensity, that could decide the outcome of this match. Espanyol have had a chance to regroup and now do not have the distraction of Europe so expect to see an improvement in form starting here.