2019-20 Spanish Primera – Barcelona vs Real Madrid Preview & Prediction
When does Barcelona vs Real Madrid kick off? Wednesday 18th December, 2019 – 19:00 (UK)
Where is Barcelona vs Real Madrid being played? Camp Nou
What TV channel is Barcelona vs Real Madrid on in the UK? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Barcelona vs Real Madrid in the UK? This match cannot be streamed live in the UK
Where can I get tickets for Barcelona vs Real Madrid?
Real Madrid – https://www.realmadrid.com/en/tickets
What was the score in the last meeting between Barcelona & Real Madrid? Real Madrid 0-1 Barcelona
THE TEAM NEWS
- Barcelona's seven-match winning streak in all competitions came to a frustrating end on Saturday as Real Sociedad held them to a 2-2 draw despite some key decisions going against Ernesto Valverde's men.
- They come into El Clasico with Dembele still ruled out through injury and Brazilian midfielder Arthur is also expected to miss out through injury so Rakitic will likely retain his place.
- Nelson Semedo is expected to come back in at right-back for Sergi Roberto, while Jordi Alba came back into the team after injury at the weekend and should be fit to start.
Predicted line-up (4-3-3): Ter Stegen; Nelson Semedo, Pique, Lenglet, Jordi Alba; Rakitic, Busquets, De Jong; Messi, Luis Suarez, Griezmann
Unavailable: Dembele (Injured), Arthur (Injured)
- Real Madrid missed a golden chance to leapfrog Barcelona ahead of El Clasico as they could only manage a 1-1 draw in Valencia after Barcelona had also been held to a draw on Saturday.
- Madrid were not overly happy with the scheduling for this match given that Barcelona were given an extra day to prepare for this crunch top-of-the-table clash compared to them.
- Zinedine Zidane welcomes Mendy back from suspension so he will start at left-back as Marcelo is still out injured, while Casemiro should come back in to stiffen up the midfield with Modric potentially dropping to the bench.
Predicted line-up (4-3-3): Courtois; Dani Carvajal, Varane, Sergio Ramos, Mendy; Valverde, Casemiro, Kroos; Bale, Benzema, Isco
Unavailable: Marcelo (Injured), James Rodriguez (Injured), Marco Asensio (Injured), Lucas Vazquez (Injured), Hazard (Injured), M. Diaz (Out of favour)
There is plenty on the line in El Clasico as while neither have been at their best this season, they are still the top two in La Liga. Barcelona not only have home advantage on their side, but they have also enjoyed an additional day of rest to prepare which could swing it in their favour.