2019-20 Russian Premier League – Krylya Sovetov vs Orenburg Preview & Prediction
When is Krylya Sovetov vs Orenburg taking place? Friday 28th February, 2020 – 16:00 (UK)
Where is Krylya Sovetov vs Orenburg taking place? Samara Arena
What television channel is Krylya Sovetov vs Orenburg on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Krylya Sovetov vs Orenburg? Russian Premier League matches are occasionally streamed on Bet365 while some matches are also streamed live on the official Russian Premier League Youtube channel
Where can I get tickets for Krylya Sovetov vs Orenburg? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
THE TEAM NEWS
- Krylya Sovetov are in a major relegation fight having lost their last four matches prior to the winter break and they return to action sitting second from bottom and desperately needing to improve their form quickly.
- Their survival hopes have been dealt a major blow by the departure of star striker Aleksandr Sobolev who had scored 10 goals in 18 matches in the first half of the season but the highly-rated 22-year-old has left for Spartak Moscow so they will desperately need others to step up in his absence.
- None of their players in the squad have scored more than two goals so far this season so the departure of Sobolev leaves them incredibly short on firepower as they come up against Orenburg who sit just above them in the standings, and it may encourage them to focus on shoring things up at the back.
- Orenburg return to action after the winter break sitting in 14th place with a cluster of teams joining them on 19 points, so they will look to get the second half of the season off to a positive start and continue their good away form.
- They have played a series of friendlies in the winter as they build back up for action and they have been in good form over the last month winning four and drawing one of their last five matches so they will hope to carry some momentum as the Russian Premier League resumes.
- The club have bolstered their attacking options by signing Mamadou Sylla on loan from Belgian club Gent until the end of the season and he will be a good foil for topscorer Djordje Despotovic who they will look to for inspiration in the second half of this campaign and in this match.
A relegation six-pointer kicks off the second half of the Russian Premier League off as Krylya Sovetov face off against Orenburg. The hosts’ hopes of survival have been dealt a major blow as they have lost their topscorer to Spartak Moscow so it is difficult to see where their goals will come from. Orenburg will be buoyed by that news and the fact their away form was reasonable before the break as they picked up 10 points from their last five games. They can come away from this away day with at least a point.