When is Red Bull Salzburg vs Real Madrid taking place? Wednesday 7th August, 2019 – 18:00 (UK)
Where is Red Bull Salzburg vs Real Madrid taking place? Red Bull Arena, Salzburg
What television channel is Red Bull Salzburg vs Real Madrid on? Red Bull Salzburg vs Real Madrid will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Red Bull Salzburg vs Real Madrid? N/A
Where can I get tickets for Red Bull Salzburg vs Real Madrid? The match is sold out
THE TEAM NEWS
RED BULL SALZBURG
- This is a prestigious friendly match for RB Salzburg as they face Spanish giants Real Madrid for the first time in their history and the Salzburg players will be relishing the occasion in a sold-out Red Bull Arena.
- The reigning Austrian champions have already started their domestic season with two wins from two matches as they chase a seventh successive Austrian Bundesliga title.
- Their main goal threat is likely to be Japanese forward Takumi Minamino who has scored in both of their league matches this season and came off the bench to net twice in their 5-3 friendly defeat against Chelsea last week.
- Real Madrid travel to Austria for their penultimate pre-season friendly of a summer that has seen them concede 16 goals in five matches – including a 7-3 humbling at the hands of their city rivals Atletico.
- They registered their only ‘regular time’ victory of pre-season so far when they defeated Fenerbahce 5-3 in Munich last week with Karim Benzema scoring a hat-trick in the International Champions Cup third place match.
- Los Blancos have travelled to Austria with a 20-man squad which excludes both Gareth Bale and James Rodriguez as speculation over their future at the club continues to rumble on. Thibaut Courtois and Luka Jovic are in the squad after injury concerns but may only play limited roles.
Real Madrid have had some poor pre-season results and performances but will look to try and build a bit of momentum ahead of the new La Liga campaign with positive results against Salzburg and Roma in their final two matches before they kick-off their season. Salzburg are in good shape having started their domestic league with consecutive wins and the players will be well-motivated to put on a good performance against big-name opponents. The Austrian side may start the game well and put Madrid under pressure but expect Zidane’s men to have too much quality as the match progresses.