Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid International Champions Cup Preview & Prediction
When is Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid taking place? Saturday 27th July 2019 – 01:30 (UK)
Where is Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid taking place? MetLife Stadium, New Jersey, USA
What television channel is Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid on? This match will be televised live on Premier Sports 1
Where can I stream Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid? Premier Sport subscribers can stream the match via Premier Player
Where can I get tickets for Real Madrid vs Atlético Madrid? Ticketmaster
THE TEAM NEWS
- Real Madrid are playing their city rivals Atletico in their third match of their pre-season visit to the States having lost 3-1 to Bayern Munich in their opening game and more latterly in midweek they defeated Arsenal on penalties following an incident packed 2-2 draw.
- The game against Arsenal was marred by a serious injury to Marco Asensio who will miss the majority of the 2019-20 season after he ruptured knee ligaments not long after scoring the equalising goal. Real will also be without Nacho for this game after he was sent off after ten minutes of the Arsenal match.
- Zidane has stated that Gareth Bale’s situation at the club - in terms of him not being in his future plans - has not changed despite him coming off the bench and scoring against the Londoners.
- This is Atletico’s second match since arriving in the USA earlier this week. They flew into Dallas and then opened their International Champions Cup fixtures in Arlington with a win on penalties against Chivas following a goalless draw.
- Before setting off to the States, they started their pre-season fixtures with a 3-0 win against Numancia with a number of the new signings getting game-time ahead of the trip to North America.
- New signing Felix was injured on his debut against Numancia and is a doubt for this game and fellow summer signing Marcos Llorente - who signed from Real - was sent off against Chivas.
Even though this is a friendly match, there is sure to be some extra motivation for both teams given the rivalry between the two clubs. Both Real and Atletico were involved in very competitive games on their previous outings earlier this week with penalties required to settle their respective matches and this could be another tight encounter that follows suit. A low-scoring draw after 90 minutes is the prediction in this International Champions Cup match between the Madrid rivals.