2019-20 Portuguese Primeira Liga – Vitoria Setubal vs Santa Clara Preview & Prediction
When is Vitoria Setubal vs Santa Clara taking place? Wednesday 10th June, 2020 – 17:00 (UK)
Where is Vitoria Setubal vs Santa Clara taking place? Estádio do Bonfim, Setúbal
Where can I get tickets for Vitoria Setubal vs Santa Clara? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
What television channel is Vitoria Setubal vs Santa Clara on? FreeSports have the rights to Portuguese Primeira Liga matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Vitoria Setubal vs Santa Clara? If televised, subscribers can stream the match live on Premier Player
Bet365 subscribers can stream Portuguese Primeira Liga matches so it is worth checking their schedule
THE TEAM NEWS
- Vitoria Setubal picked up their 11th draw in 25 league matches last time out as they scraped a somewhat fortunate point thanks to a late equaliser away to Maritimo last Thursday night which keeps them 10 points clear of the relegation zone.
- The key man was former Nottingham Forest midfielder Hildeberto Pereira who came off the bench at the start of the second half and created the equaliser so he could be in with a chance of starting here.
- Boss Julio Velazquez will contemplate changes to his team with veteran midfielder Jose Semedo likely to come back in after serving a ban, while Braian Mansilla could come back in to lead the attack.
- Santa Clara produced a stunning performance to come back twice at home to Sporting Braga last time out to eventually win 3-2 thanks to a 92nd-minute winner by Carlos after two goals from Thiago Santana.
- Fabio Cardoso misses this game through suspension so Cesar Martins is the likely deputy for him but it is difficult to see many other changes after such an impressive display against Braga.
- The club have been based at the national team’s training centre in Lisbon where they will play their home matches so the journey for this match is not as long as it typically would be if they were based at home.
Santa Clara are coming off an outstanding win over Sporting Braga but they were motivated after their opponents had announced the signing of their star striker who they subsequently separated from the first team for the rest of the season. That spurred them on to produce a fighting display but we may see those motivation levels dip a little for this trip to face Vitoria Setubal. The hosts are the league’s draw specialists this year and they remain focused on proving to be difficult to beat. They will maintain that approach here which should make for a relatively dull and uninspiring game so expect under 2.5 goals in this one.