2019-20 Portuguese Primeira Liga – Sporting CP vs Tondela Preview & Prediction
When is Sporting CP vs Tondela taking place? Thursday 18th June, 2020 – 21:15 (UK)
Where is Sporting CP vs Tondela taking place? Sporting CP
Where can I get tickets for Sporting CP vs Tondela? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
What television channel is Sporting CP vs Tondela on? FreeSports have the rights to Portuguese Primeira Liga matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Sporting CP vs Tondela? If televised, subscribers can stream the match live on Premier Player
Bet365 subscribers can stream Portuguese Primeira Liga matches so it is worth checking their schedule
THE TEAM NEWS
- Sporting have returned to action after the break in solid form picking up four points from their opening two games as they know they have to keep getting positive results to fend off the chasing pack behind them.
- Their performances have been questionable however so they will definitely look to improve although boss Ruben Amorim will have to monitor the fitness of his players with several question marks coming into this game.
- Vietto and Acuna have both been ruled out for this game and join Luiz Phellype on the sidelines while Mathieu, Jovane Cabral and Battaglia are rated doubtful so there is a good chance some of their young talents will get another opportunity to impress here.
- Tondela picked up a vital 2-0 win against bottom-club Aves last time out to ease their own relegation concerns and they will know that one more win would virtually seal their survival for another year.
- They have now gone three matches unbeaten now and it is two clean sheets in a row since they returned to action which is something they have clearly worked hard on and will look to replicate here.
- Brazilian striker Ronan has hit the ground running since the restart scoring three goals in the first two matches and they will look to him for inspiration while they will have to do without Joao Pedro who misses this game through suspension.
Both of these two teams have picked up four points since they returned to action which has kept them on track to reach their respective goals for the rest of the season. Sporting have numerous injuries and are also focused on giving playing time to several of their youth players which may give Tondela an opening. They have been strong defensively since they returned and they are prioritising clean sheets. With Sporting missing some key forwards, that could lead to a low-scoring affair so consider under 2.5 goals here.