2019-20 Portuguese Primeira Liga – Sporting CP vs Pacos de Ferreira Preview & Prediction
When is Sporting CP vs Pacos de Ferreira taking place? Friday 12th June, 2020 – 21:15 (UK)
Where is Sporting CP vs Pacos de Ferreira taking place? Estádio José Alvalade, Lisboa
Where can I get tickets for Sporting CP vs Pacos de Ferreira? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
What television channel is Sporting CP vs Pacos de Ferreira on? FreeSports have the rights to Portuguese Primeira Liga matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Sporting CP vs Pacos de Ferreira? If televised, subscribers can stream the match live on Premier Player
Bet365 subscribers can stream Portuguese Primeira Liga matches so it is worth checking their schedule
THE TEAM NEWS
- Sporting find themselves under pressure in fourth place right now as Famalicao’s win on Tuesday evening against Gil Vicente has moved them level on points with the Lisbon club ahead of this match.
- They were frustrated last time out against Vitoria Guimaraes who pegged them back twice in a 2-2 draw, but there were some positive signs for boss Ruben Amorim especially the two goals for Slovenian striker Andraz Sporar.
- Loanees Bolasie and Jese also seem out of favour at the moment with younger talents like Eduardo Quaresma, Matheus Luiz and Jovane Cabral all given starts in that game, although Amorim may bring back the fit-again Wendel for this match.
PACOS DE FERREIRA
- Pacos de Ferreira picked up a vital win last time out at Rio Ave as they produced an excellent 3-2 win away from home which was important as Portimonense have been picking up points behind them in the final relegation place.
- The win was made all the more impressive given the fact they played with ten men for the entirety of the second half as Bruno Teles was sent off on the stroke of half-time and he subsequently misses out here.
- That absence is offset by the fact that regular Ukrainian starting left-back Oleg Reabciuc is available once more after his own suspension so he will slot back into what could otherwise be an unchanged side.
This match could be one of the more entertaining games of the round as Pacos de Ferreira continue their fight against relegation against Sporting. The hosts continue to go through something of a transition under Ruben Amorim and he seems set to tinker with his line-up and give some of their younger players a chance to impress. Pacos de Ferreira are coming off a superb result at Rio Ave last time out and their style of play should make for an entertaining game here. Expect both teams to score and over 2.5 goals.