2019-20 Portuguese Primeira Liga – Santa Clara vs Sporting Braga Preview & Prediction
When is Santa Clara vs Sporting Braga taking place? Friday 5th June, 2020 – 19:00 (UK)
Where is Santa Clara vs Sporting Braga taking place? Cidade do Futebol, Oeiras
Where can I get tickets for Santa Clara vs Sporting Braga? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
What television channel is Santa Clara vs Sporting Braga on? FreeSports have the rights to Portuguese Primeira Liga matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Santa Clara vs Sporting Braga? If televised, subscribers can stream the match live on Premier Player
Bet365 subscribers can stream Portuguese Primeira Liga matches so it is worth checking their schedule
THE TEAM NEWS
- Santa Clara return to action but will play their home matches at the Portuguese FA’s Cidade do Futebol training centre so they will have to be accustomed to playing at what is effectively a neutral venue for their remaining games.
- Their form prior to the break was not great as they had only picked up one point from their previous three games although they are sat comfortably in mid-table with no real threat of being dragged into a relegation fight so they can play without pressure.
- Santa Clara have not been happy with their opponents’ recent behaviour for poaching striker Guilherme Schettine who will join them as a free agent at the end of the season, and they have told the forward to stay away from the club with immediate effect so he will not feature for them any more though he is their only absentee here.
- Sporting Braga return to league action sitting in third place and they will be motivated to push on and seal that place ahead of Sporting which would represent a hugely successful season for the club.
- They are able to count upon all their regular starters for this game as the entire squad had negative Coronavirus tests so their preparations in this mini pre-season have largely gone well.
- They will be without a couple of fringe players in Abel Ruiz and Tormena but neither have featured much this season so they will be able to field their strongest starting eleven for this game.
Santa Clara will be fired up to upset Braga after the visitors agreed a deal to sign their striker Guilherme Schettine when they should really have waited until the end of the season. That will fire them up to get a result here but they are not helped by the fact they are at a neutral venue rather than on home turf. Braga will be keen to cement their claim on third place however with Sporting close behind and they should just have too much attacking quality for Santa Clara to edge this one while keeping a clean sheet.