2019-20 Portuguese Primeira Liga – Santa Clara vs Portimonense Preview & Prediction
When is Santa Clara vs Portimonense taking place? Tuesday 16th June, 2020 – 19:00 (UK)
Where is Santa Clara vs Portimonense taking place? Cidade do Futebol, Oeiras
Where can I get tickets for Santa Clara vs Portimonense? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
What television channel is Santa Clara vs Portimonense on? FreeSports have the rights to Portuguese Primeira Liga matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Santa Clara vs Portimonense? If televised, subscribers can stream the match live on Premier Player
Bet365 subscribers can stream Portuguese Primeira Liga matches so it is worth checking their schedule
THE TEAM NEWS
- Santa Clara have returned to action in good form as they have beaten Braga and drawn at Vitoria Setubal so they will look to extend their unbeaten run to four matches as they welcome Portimonense.
- Thiago Santana has been in stunning form since the restart scoring four goals in two matches showing that they are not missing Guilherme Schettine who has been separated from the rest of the squad after agreeing to join Braga at the end of the season.
- Fabio Cardoso is available again after suspension and will come back into the starting eleven to boost their defence which has looked vulnerable conceding two goals in each of the last two matches.
- Portimonense continue their battle for survival as they have beaten Gil Vicente and fought back from 0-2 to Benfica to claim a point in their last two matches and this is another key match for them.
- Jackson Martinez missed the match against Benfica as they continue to manage the veteran’s workload but he could return to lead the attack here with Ricardo Vaz Te making way for him.
- Other than that potential change, it is difficult to see boss Paulo Sergio making many changes from the team that has been playing extremely well in the last couple of matches.
Both of these teams have returned to action in good form having both won one and drawn one of their two matches played. The one common denominator in those matches is that they have contained plenty of goals and that is largely down to the fact that they have not been defending particularly well. The two teams possess in-form attacking players however and that should make for an entertaining game here with over 2.5 goals and expect goals at both ends of the pitch.