2019-20 Portuguese Primeira Liga – Rio Ave vs Pacos de Ferreira Preview & Prediction
When is Rio Ave vs Pacos de Ferreira taking place? Sunday 7th June, 2020 – 21:00 (UK)
Where is Rio Ave vs Pacos de Ferreira taking place? Estádio do Rio Ave Futebol Clube, Vila do Conde
Where can I get tickets for Rio Ave vs Pacos de Ferreira? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
What television channel is Rio Ave vs Pacos de Ferreira on? FreeSports have the rights to Portuguese Primeira Liga matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Rio Ave vs Pacos de Ferreira? If televised, subscribers can stream the match live on Premier Player
Bet365 subscribers can stream Portuguese Primeira Liga matches so it is worth checking their schedule
THE TEAM NEWS
- Rio Ave will be hoping the pause in action does not slow their momentum as they have been enjoying a fantastic season to date and are currently riding a nine-match unbeaten run in the Primeira.
- They will be without Croatian defender Toni Borevković who picked up his fifth booking in the match prior to the break so he misses out here while compatriot Nikola Jambor remains injured and misses out.
- The club have had no positive tests for Covid-19 in four rounds of testing so they have a healthy squad other than the one injury and they will be keen to get a win to close the gap on fourth-placed Sporting.
PACOS DE FERREIRA
- Pacos de Ferreira are running the risk of being sucked back into the relegation places after Portimonense’s win on Wednesday against Gil Vicente closed the gap to just three points with Pacos sitting in 16th place.
- They are definitely without two players for this match as regular left-back Oleg Reabciuk is suspended for this match while Murilo is on-loan from Rio Ave and he is ineligible to play against his parent club.
- There are question marks over the fitness of Denilson and Adriano Castanheira so that could further impact the selection options for coach Pepa ahead of this key game in Vila do Conde.
There is plenty on the line for both clubs here as Rio Ave are enjoying a superb season as they push for a European place while Pacos de Ferreira are firmly entrenched in a relegation battle. The hosts were enjoying a nine-game unbeaten run before the break but they can occasionally have trouble breaking compact teams down. The visitors however do not have a great defence and expect Rio Ave to break them down eventually and claim all three points here.