2019-20 Portuguese Primeira Liga – Portimonense vs Maritimo Preview & Prediction
When is Portimonense vs Maritimo taking place? Monday 22nd June, 2020 – 21:00 (UK)
Where is Portimonense vs Maritimo taking place? Estádio Municipal de Portimão, Portimão
Where can I get tickets for Portimonense vs Maritimo? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
What television channel is Portimonense vs Maritimo on? FreeSports have the rights to Portuguese Primeira Liga matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Portimonense vs Maritimo? If televised, subscribers can stream the match live on Premier Player
Bet365 subscribers can stream Portuguese Primeira Liga matches so it is worth checking their schedule
THE TEAM NEWS
- The pressure is on Portimonense coming into this relegation six-pointer as they sit seven points from safety but they face Maritimo who they can drag back into the fight with a win and reduce the gap to just four points to them and Pacos de Ferreira.
- They have picked up a win and two draws since returning to action so they will bring some confidence into this game but they will know that nothing short of a win will suffice from this crunch match.
- Defender Lucas Possignolo misses out through suspension while Jackson Martinez is expected to miss out as his fitness problems continue to plague him so Ricardo Vaz Te will lead the attack.
- Maritimo earned their first win last time out after going five without a victory as they came from behind against Gil Vicente to win 2-1 and put more daylight between them and their opponents here in the final relegation spot.
- They remain without Ruben Ferreira who is out for the remainder of the season but they can welcome back Bebeto following his ban and he is expected to come back into the starting eleven.
- There is a chance that boss Jose Gomes will be tempted to name an unchanged starting line-up following the win last time out so the returning Bebeto could well be forced to wait on the sidelines.
The pressure is on the hosts here to go all out for the three points as they can close the gap on their opponents to just four points. Defeat would leave them seven points adrift of safety with six games left and likely leave them with too much to do, but a win gives them a real chance. They have been much improved since the restart and confidence is good in the camp but Maritimo will fancy their chances of sitting back and hitting them on the counter. This may lead to a cagey opening but the game will open up as it goes on and Portimonense have to come out to attack so expect booth teams to score.