2019-20 Portuguese Primeira Liga – Portimonense vs Benfica Preview & Prediction
When is Portimonense vs Benfica taking place? Wednesday 10th June, 2020 – 19:15 (UK)
Where is Portimonense vs Benfica taking place? Estádio Municipal de Portimão, Portimão
Where can I get tickets for Portimonense vs Benfica? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
What television channel is Portimonense vs Benfica on? FreeSports have the rights to Portuguese Primeira Liga matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Portimonense vs Benfica? If televised, subscribers can stream the match live on Premier Player
Bet365 subscribers can stream Portuguese Primeira Liga matches so it is worth checking their schedule
THE TEAM NEWS
- Portimonense pulled off an outstanding result in their first match back after the break as they beat Gil Vicente 1-0 to pick up their first victory after going 13 matches without a win in all competitions to give them some hope in their fight against the drop.
- That win moves them six points behind the teams above them but they will be desperate to follow that up now and they will not be daunted by the visit of this Benfica side who are stuttering themselves.
- They are able to welcome back Pedro Sa and Bruno Costa following suspension so the duo will add to coach Paulo Sergio’s options for this match although the boss will surely be tempted to name something close to an unchanged side after that win although the former is a key man and should find a starting spot.
- Benfica could only manage a draw at home to Tondela last time out which was their fourth consecutive draw in all competitions and despite that moving them back to the top the league, the team bus was stoned after the game and the houses of several players were vandalised.
- Despite Julian Weigl and Andrija Zivkovic reportedly being hurt in the bus attack both are expected to be fit to feature here with the only question mark over young full-back David Tavares who would not be expected to play a part anyway.
- After failing to break Tondela down, boss Bruno Lage may be tempted to mov Taarabt back into central midfield at the expense of Weigl, and bring either Seferovic or Dyego Sousa in to partner Carlos Vinicius up top.
Plenty of pressure on both of these teams at different ends of the table but it is Portimonense who come into the game with the better mood after they won last time. Benfica have moved back to the top of the table but continue to stutter. Their attacking play especially is the issue and Bruno Lage will surely make some adjustments to try spark life into the attack. At the same time, continuity may be required to get the players back up to speed but one thing is for sure they will be highly motivated. They have to be favoured to beat this poor Portimonense side and should manage it even if it takes some time to break them down.