2019-20 Portuguese Primeira Liga – Moreirense vs Rio Ave Preview & Prediction
When is Moreirense vs Rio Ave taking place? Friday 12th June, 2020 – 19:00 (UK)
Where is Moreirense vs Rio Ave taking place? Parque Desportivo Comendador Joaquim de Almeida Freitas, Moreira de Cónegos
Where can I get tickets for Moreirense vs Rio Ave? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
What television channel is Moreirense vs Rio Ave on? FreeSports have the rights to Portuguese Primeira Liga matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Moreirense vs Rio Ave? If televised, subscribers can stream the match live on Premier Player
Bet365 subscribers can stream Portuguese Primeira Liga matches so it is worth checking their schedule
THE TEAM NEWS
- Moreirense arguably have nothing to play for right now as they are sat in mid-table with little but pride to play for but they are riding a seven-match unbeaten run and come off an excellent 0-1 win away to Boavista in their first game back last Saturday.
- Gabrielzinho is unable to face his parent club so he misses out here while Fabio Pacheco is a slight injury doubt so Pedro Nuno and Sori Mane could both come into the starting eleven for this match.
- South African talent Luther Singh was an unused substitute in the Boavist game as he continues to build his fitness back up and he seems unlikely to come into the starting eleven but should make a substitute appearance here.
- Rio Ave’s nine-match unbeaten run in the league came to an end in their first game back after the break as they fell 2-3 at home to Pacos de Ferreira last Sunday so they will be desperate to get back on track here.
- They welcome back Toni Borevkovic for this match and the Croatian defender is expected to come straight back into the starting line-up especially after they conceded three goals in his absence last time out.
- Matheus Reis is suspended after his red card so that will require another change in defence and boss Carlos Carvalhal could be tempted to revert to a back three with the return of Borevkovic.
Rio Ave missed the chance to set a new club record as they could not extend their unbeaten run to 10 matches as they fell to a shock loss at the hands of Pacos de Ferreira last time out. With the pressure off, they will hope to bounce back here and they have the quality and talent to do just that. While Moreirense are in good form themselves, this should be an evenly contested affair with Rio Ave tipped to take at least a point.