2019-20 Portuguese Primeira Liga – Maritimo vs Vitoria Setubal Preview & Prediction
When is Maritimo vs Vitoria Setubal taking place? Thursday 4th June, 2020 – 19:00 (UK)
Where is Maritimo vs Vitoria Setubal taking place? Estádio dos Barreiros, Funchal
Where can I get tickets for Maritimo vs Vitoria Setubal? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
What television channel is Maritimo vs Vitoria Setubal on? FreeSports have the rights to Portuguese Primeira Liga matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Maritimo vs Vitoria Setubal? If televised, subscribers can stream the match live on Premier Player
Bet365 subscribers can stream Portuguese Primeira Liga matches so it is worth checking their schedule
THE TEAM NEWS
- Maritimo lost three matches in a row prior to the enforced break in action so while they have a comfortable gap over the teams in the relegation zone, they will be eager to halt this alarming slide down the Primeira standings.
- They will be without skipper Edgar Costa for this match as he remains suspended following his dismissal against Braga while Brazilian midfielder Jhon Cley is out injured and will not feature here.
- Croatian midfielder Josip Vukovic is expected to be available to join the squad for this game after he has tested negative several times now for coronavirus following a previous positive test.
- Similar to Maritimo, Vitoria Setubal were in miserable form prior to the action coming to a halt having gone winless in their last six games with three defeats and three draws but the point against Benfica last time out will have given them some confidence.
- The only negative from that draw with Benfica was the booking picked up by their veteran captain Semedo so he misses out here although he is their only absentee as they have recovered all their players from injury.
- The club have not had any cases of coronavirus within their squad while their training has largely been uninterrupted so they will be confident of returning to action in relatively good shape.
Both of these teams were in relatively poor form before the league action was brought to a halt so they will be keen to get back under way and hit the ground running. Goals continue to be an issue for Vitoria Setubal as they remain the second lowest scorers in the league with just 17 from 24 games. They have been the draw specialists in the league so far this season with 10 ties in their 24 matches, and there is every chance this match could follow that trend. Maritimo would likely be content with a point to edge them that bit closer to safety, so expect few goals and this could easily be a goalless stalemate.