2019-20 Portuguese Primeira Liga – Maritimo vs Gil Vicente Preview & Prediction
When is Maritimo vs Gil Vicente taking place? Monday 15th June, 2020 – 19:00 (UK)
Where is Maritimo vs Gil Vicente taking place? Estádio dos Barreiros, Funchal
Where can I get tickets for Maritimo vs Gil Vicente? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
What television channel is Maritimo vs Gil Vicente on? FreeSports have the rights to Portuguese Primeira Liga matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Maritimo vs Gil Vicente? If televised, subscribers can stream the match live on Premier Player
Bet365 subscribers can stream Portuguese Primeira Liga matches so it is worth checking their schedule
THE TEAM NEWS
- Maritimo’s miserable form continued last Wednesday as they lost yet again going down 1-0 at Porto although there were some positives in the performance for the relegation candidates to take.
- They will have to make a change at the back as Bebeto is out through suspension after his booking against Porto but they can welcome back Joaquin Correa and Rodrigo Pinho following their suspensions.
- They also have to do without Ruben Ferreira who picked up a knee injury that will rule him out for the rest of the season so their plight is not helped by being without both full-backs for this game.
- Gil Vicente have struggled for form since the league resumed as they have lost both of their matches against Portimonense and Famalicao as their motivation seems to be lacking while they sit in mid-table with little to play for.
- Their defence has been weakened by the injuries to Fernando Fonseca and Rodrigao while Ygor Nogueira remains a question mark so they could be significantly under strength at the back once again here.
- There could well be rotations on the cards for this game with Samuel Lino, Baraye, Vitor Carvalho and Hugo Vieira all candidates to come into the starting XI if boss Vitor Oliveira decides to change things around.
Neither of these teams have been playing well since the Primeira resumed but the greater urgency is with the home side here. Maritimo sit just five points away from the drop zone and they simply have to start picking up points quickly. They competed well against Porto last time which will give them some kind of boost but this is a game they have to get something from. Against a Gil Vicente side that are out of form, not particularly motivated, and under strength in defence, the hosts have to be favoured draw no bet.