2019-20 Portuguese Primeira Liga – Gil Vicente vs Famalicao Preview & Prediction
When is Gil Vicente vs Famalicao taking place? Tuesday 9th June, 2020 – 21:00 (UK)
Where is Gil Vicente vs Famalicao taking place? Estádio Cidade de Barcelos, Barcelos
Where can I get tickets for Gil Vicente vs Famalicao? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
What television channel is Gil Vicente vs Famalicao on? FreeSports have the rights to Portuguese Primeira Liga matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Gil Vicente vs Famalicao? If televised, subscribers can stream the match live on Premier Player
Bet365 subscribers can stream Portuguese Primeira Liga matches so it is worth checking their schedule
THE TEAM NEWS
- Gil Vicente suffered defeat on their return to action as they went down 1-0 at relegation-threatened Portimonense last Wednesday so they will be keen to bounce back on home turf although they remain well clear of any relegation troubles.
- They will have to do without midfielder Claude Goncalves for this match after he picked up his fifth booking of the season in that game so Vitor Carvalho will come in for him in what is a golden opportunity for him to impress after joining the club in January.
- They can welcome back Lourency following suspension and the winger could well come straight back into the starting eleven for this game, although Fernando Fonseca, Naidji and Rodrigao all miss out through injury.
- Famalicao reignited their season last Wednesday with a sensational win over Porto as the pause in action clearly benefitted them and that victory puts them firmly back in contention for a European place.
- Regular starters Nehuen Perez and Alex Centelles both picked up bookings which will force them to miss out here through suspension so that leaves the defence somewhat decimated for this match.
- They do welcome back starting goalkeeper Vana who missed out against his parent club however and there is an outside chance that defensive midfielder Gustavo Assuncao could return in the heart of midfield.
Famalicao started the season in sensational form and they have resumed after the break in promising fashion too beating Porto last week. They will be desperate to put a run together and push for the European places so there is little doubting their motivation. Gil Vicente on the other hand may struggle to maintain their focus for the remainder of the season as they sit in mid-table obscurity. Their 1-0 loss at Portimonense last week demonstrated that and behind closed doors, home advantage is unlikely to help them here. Famalicao can follow up their excellent win last week with another positive result here so consider them draw no bet.