2019-20 Portuguese Primeira Liga – FC Porto vs Maritimo Preview & Prediction
When is FC Porto vs Maritimo taking place? Wednesday 10th June, 2020 – 21:30 (UK)
Where is FC Porto vs Maritimo taking place? Estádio Do Dragão, Porto
Where can I get tickets for FC Porto vs Maritimo? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
What television channel is FC Porto vs Maritimo on? FreeSports have the rights to Portuguese Primeira Liga matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream FC Porto vs Maritimo? If televised, subscribers can stream the match live on Premier Player
Bet365 subscribers can stream Portuguese Primeira Liga matches so it is worth checking their schedule
THE TEAM NEWS
- Porto were stunned in their first game back as they were beaten 2-1 by Famalicao which knocked them off top spot as Benfica managed to draw their game so they will be desperate to bounce back here and get back to winning ways.
- There is mixed team news for boss Sergio Conceicao as he welcomes back Alex Telles after suspension which is a major boost but Otavio is now banned so that will lead to a couple of changes from the side that lost to Famalicao.
- Their defending was abysmal in the defeat last time out and they continue to miss the injured Marcano but Sergio Conceicao will be demanding his team cut out the silly individual errors and improve their concentration levels for this game.
- Maritimo managed to snap their three-game losing streak and claim a goalless draw against Vitoria Setubal which will have eased their worries about getting dragged into a relegation fight to a degree.
- They will have rued the fact they did not win however after being the better team for the much of the game and the gap to Portimonense who are in the final relegation place has decreased to just six points now after they picked up an unlikely win.
- Their mission against Porto is not helped by the absence of Jorge Correa and Rodrigo Pinho although that is partially offset by the return of captain Edgar Costa who will come into the side along with Tagueu or Nanu.
Porto were shocked by Famalicao last time out but they know they have to put together a run of results now if they are to put the pressure back on Benfica in the title race. They welcome Maritimo who have never won in the Dragao so they may be perfect opponents to help get them back on track. The Porto defence remains a concern and while they may ship goals at the back, they do possess the firepower to outscore this average Maritimo side.