2019-20 Portuguese Primeira Liga – Famalicao vs FC Porto Preview & Prediction
When is Famalicao vs FC Porto taking place? Wednesday 3rd June, 2020 – 21:15 (UK)
Where is Famalicao vs FC Porto taking place? Estádio Cidade de Barcelos, Barcelos
Where can I get tickets for Famalicao vs FC Porto? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
What television channel is Famalicao vs FC Porto on? FreeSports have the rights to Portuguese Primeira Liga matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Famalicao vs FC Porto? If televised, subscribers can stream the match live on Premier Player
Bet365 subscribers can stream Portuguese Primeira Liga matches so it is worth checking their schedule
THE TEAM NEWS
- The break in action arguably came at a bad time for Farmlicao as they were showing some signs of regaining something close to their best form as they beat Sporting 3-1 before drawing with Belenenses leaving them seventh in the standings.
- They have had no positive coronavirus tests in their squad in the last round of testing after having four players testing positive previously so the full squad is expected to be available for this match other than goalkeeper Vana who is ineligible against his parent club.
- Compared to the last match they played against Belenenses, they can welcome back regulars Riccieli and Fabio Martins so the duo are expected to come back in to bolster the starting line-up.
- Porto were enjoying a fine run of form prior to the break in play as they had chased down and overtaken Benfica at the top of the Primeira table although they were frustrated by Rio Ave in their last game almost three months ago as they were held 1-1 at home.
- They are without Alex Telles for this match after he picked up his fifth yellow card last time out so the talented Brazilian left-back is likely to be replaced by Wilson Manafa for this game and that represents something of a blow as Telles is enjoying a stellar season.
- The return to training also saw them lose Spanish defender Ivan Marcano to a knee injury that will see him miss the rest of the season so veteran central defender Pepe is expected to deputise for him.
Porto return to action knowing the can put their stamp on the league straight away and extend the gap at the top and put pressure on Benfica. They are without two of their regular defenders for this match which could weaken them somewhat, but they should still have too much quality for Farmalicao. The hosts have struggled since their sensational start and while there were signs of improvement before the break, it is hard to see them replicating those early performances. Porto have the measure of them and while the league leaders may concede, they should run out winners.