2019-20 Portuguese Primeira Liga – Desportivo Aves vs Belenenses Preview & Prediction
When is Desportivo Aves vs Belenenses taking place? Friday 5th June, 2020 – 21:15 (UK)
Where is Desportivo Aves vs Belenenses taking place? Estádio Clube Desportivo das Aves, Vila das Aves
Where can I get tickets for Desportivo Aves vs Belenenses? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
What television channel is Desportivo Aves vs Belenenses on? FreeSports have the rights to Portuguese Primeira Liga matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Desportivo Aves vs Belenenses? If televised, subscribers can stream the match live on Premier Player
Bet365 subscribers can stream Portuguese Primeira Liga matches so it is worth checking their schedule
THE TEAM NEWS
- The break in action has not helps Aves at all as their impending relegation looks increasingly likely after two of their best players this season - goalkeeper Quentin Beunardeau and striker Welinton Junior – cancelled their contracts due to not receiving their wages between December and February so they will be without two key men now.
- Midfielders Ruben Macedo and Luiz Fernando are both suspended for this match while 20-year-old forward Reko will miss out after testing positive for coronavirus so the coach has plenty of selection problems ahead of this match.
- Other than Reko, the remaining players have all tested negative for coronavirus after he isolated from the rest of the squad but coach Nuno Santos will have plenty to ponder ahead of this match which is simply must-win for them at this stage.
- Belenenses were arguably the form team in the bottom half of the Primeira prior to the break as they had won two and drawn two of their last four matches to pull away from any threat of relegation.
- Their defence was particularly impressive prior to the pause as they kept three clean sheets in a row which was a marked improvement on their defensive performance prior to that which saw them ship 38 goals in 21 games.
- Their injury problems have eased somewhat with keeper Koffi available once again but coach Petit is expected to stick with the players that were in such good form prior to the break.
While neither of these teams possess much firepower, this could very well be an open and lively match. Desportivo Aves are in must-win territory now and that should lead to an open encounter. Belenenses beat them 3-2 earlier in the season and they have to be favoured to claim all three points once again against this Aves side that is in disarray and significantly under strength.