2019-20 Portuguese Primeira Liga – Boavista vs Vitoria Setubal Preview & Prediction
When is Boavista vs Vitoria Setubal taking place? Thursday 18th June, 2020 – 19:00 (UK)
Where is Boavista vs Vitoria Setubal taking place? Estádio do Bessa Século XXI, Porto
Where can I get tickets for Boavista vs Vitoria Setubal? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
What television channel is Boavista vs Vitoria Setubal on? FreeSports have the rights to Portuguese Primeira Liga matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Boavista vs Vitoria Setubal? If televised, subscribers can stream the match live on Premier Player
Bet365 subscribers can stream Portuguese Primeira Liga matches so it is worth checking their schedule
THE TEAM NEWS
- Boavista halted their alarming slide down the table with an excellent 1-0 win at Sporting Braga which puts them 11 points ahead of the relegation zone which should virtually seal their place in the Primeira for another season.
- They will be without Paulinho who is suspended for this match after picking up a booking against Braga but both Fabiano and Ackah are both back after their own bans to strengthen the team.
- Boss Daniel Ramos will be loathed to make many changes following that victory although given their comfort in mid-table, rotations could well be on the cards with Cardozo, Njie, Obiora and Heriberto Tavares candidates to join Fabiano and Ackah in coming into the side.
- Vitoria Setubal have not drawn their last four league matches as they come off a 2-2 draw against Santa Clara which means they have now gone eight matches without a win in the Primeira.
- Julio Velazquez’s men sit below Boavista now in the standings but they too have plenty of breathing space from the relegation fight though they would be happier if they could get another win under their belts soon.
- Italian striker Mirko Antonucci came off the bench against Santa Clara and scored so that may see him come back into the team as it should serve as a confidence boost to him with Mansilla likely to make way.
These two teams are likely to spend another season in the top flight as they grind their way to safety. Neither are likely to take too many risks in this game and that could very well see both sides content with a point. Vitoria Setubal have become draw specialists tying their last four matches and leading the way with 12 this season, and this match could well follow that trend.