2019-20 Portuguese Primeira Liga – Belenenses vs Vitoria Guimaraes Preview & Prediction
When is Belenenses vs Vitoria Guimaraes taking place? Thursday 11th June, 2020 – 19:00 (UK)
Where is Belenenses vs Vitoria Guimaraes taking place? Cidade do Futebol, Oeiras
Where can I get tickets for Belenenses vs Vitoria Guimaraes? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
What television channel is Belenenses vs Vitoria Guimaraes on? FreeSports have the rights to Portuguese Primeira Liga matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Belenenses vs Vitoria Guimaraes? If televised, subscribers can stream the match live on Premier Player
Bet365 subscribers can stream Portuguese Primeira Liga matches so it is worth checking their schedule
THE TEAM NEWS
- Belenenses picked up right from where they left off before the break as they beat Desportivo Aves 2-0 which extended their unbeaten run to five league matches where they have taken 11 points and pulled away comfortably from any relegation threat.
- That clean sheet against Aves was their fourth in a row as the defensive side of their game continues to be exceptional and they will look to keep that run going as they welcome Vitoria Guimaraes to town.
- An unchanged team is likely for this match as they have not reported any new injuries but they may not able to count on any of their injured players returning so the likes of Tomas Ribeiro, Paco Varela and Chima Akas are expected to miss out again.
- Vitoria Guimaraes could only draw against Sporting last time out which means the gap to the Lisbon club in fourth place remains five points but they were relatively pleased to pick up a point after going behind twice in that game and ending the match with ten men.
- Joseph Amoah was dismissed in that game so misses out here and with Andre Andre a major doubt once again, that could see Poha or Lucas Evangelista come in to a central midfield role in Amoah’s absence.
- Sacko is back from suspension and could return at full-back while boss Ivo Vieira could make some rotations to keep the side fresh which could see Bruno Duarte coming in to lead the attack.
This match has all the makings of an entertaining affair as Vitoria Guimaraes need to win to close on the European places but they face a tough test away to this defensively strong Belenenses side. The hosts will look to force their cautious approach on this match and play on the counter so Guimaraes will not find it easy and that could well lead to something of a stalemate. The first goal in this game could well be decisive and the preference here is for under 2.5 goals.