2019–20 Polish Ekstraklasa – Piast Gliwice vs Wisla Krakow Preview & Prediction
When is Piast Gliwice vs Wisla Krakow taking place? Saturday 30th May, 2020 – 16:30 (UK)
Where is Piast Gliwice vs Wisla Krakow taking place? Stadion Miejski, Gliwice
Where can I get tickets for Piast Gliwice vs Wisla Krakow? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
What television channel is Piast Gliwice vs Wisla Krakow on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Piast Gliwice vs Wisla Krakow? Bet365 members can stream Polish Ekstraklasa matches so it is worth checking their schedule
THE TEAM NEWS
- Piast Gliwice went into the enforced break in second place following an excellent away win over leaders Legia Warszawa and they will be hoping the suspension of play will not have halted their momentum from that victory.
- Last season’s champions are eight points behind the leaders but it was a similar story last season when they finished third in the regular season but managed claim the title in the Championship round thanks to a superb run of form.
- Jorge Felix has been their chief goal threat this season with 12 goals in the league while it was his partner in crime Piotr Parzyszek who scored both goals in their 1-2 victory over Wisla Krakow in the reverse fixture back in October.
- It has been a somewhat tough season for Wisla Krakow who have been on a steady decline over the past few seasons although they still have an outside chance of making it through to the Championship round if they can continue the form they displayed prior to the break.
- The 14-time Ekstraklasa champions will have been cursing the disruption of the league as they responded to a horrific 10-game losing streak by winning six of their next eight games and drawing the other two.
- The form of influential midfielder Jakub Blaszczykowski was influential in that turnaround with the Polish international scoring in his last three appearances and he will need to pull the strings once more to get the best out of his teammates.
Despite an eight-point gap between themselves and Legia Warszawa at the top of the Ekstraklasa table, Piast Gliwice will still harbour hopes of defending the title they won for the first time last year. However, in Wisla Krakow they run into a side who were arguably in the best form in the league prior to the break so this one isn’t as clear cut as it appears at first glance. If the visitors can maintain such a level on their resumption here, they could well be good enough to come away from this encounter with a point and continue their unbeaten run.