2019–20 Polish Ekstraklasa – Lech Poznan vs Legia Warszawa Preview & Prediction
When is Lech Poznan vs Legia Warszawa taking place? Saturday 30th May, 2020 – 19:00 (UK)
Where is Lech Poznan vs Legia Warszawa taking place? INEA stadion, Poznan
Where can I get tickets for Lech Poznan vs Legia Warszawa? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
What television channel is Lech Poznan vs Legia Warszawa on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Lech Poznan vs Legia Warszawa? Bet365 members can stream Polish Ekstraklasa matches so it is worth checking their schedule
THE TEAM NEWS
- Lech Poznan had made themselves tough to beat prior to the break having lost just once in the league since October – a run of 13 games – so they will be hoping the break in play has not disrupted their solidity.
- That success has been built on the foundation of a solid defence with Slovakian international Lubomir Satka being particularly influential in central defence and he has contributed to the team conceding the second fewest goals in the Ekstraklasa this season.
- They defeated Legia Warszawa twice at home last season so that will give them plenty of belief that they can claim a positive result again here although they will of course have to do that without the benefit of a home crowd cheering them on.
- The Ekstraklasa leaders had opened up a comfortable gap at the top of the league although they did lose their last game before the COVID-19 disruption so head coach Aleksandar Vukovic will be keen to avoid any complacency creeping in with four games remaining in the regular season.
- Although they have already secured their passage to the Championship round, they will be determined not to let their foot off the gas and take some positive momentum into the post-season as they aim to reclaim the Ekstraklasa title.
- Legia Warsazawa were in action on Tuesday and earned a hard-fought 2-1 win over Miedz Legnica in the cup but they are likely to make several changes here as they get their players back up to full fitness.
A meeting here between the top two scoring sides in the Ekstraklasa certainly appears to promise an entertaining affair. Both teams have been in cup action already this week which should have added some much-needed sharpness after the enforced break, and that can only add to the spectacle. Lech Poznan have a good recent record against Legia Warszawa when playing at home and could cause their opponents plenty of problems but the league leaders have to be favoured to prevail in a game which should see both teams find the net.