2019-20 Nicaragua Primera Division – Diriangen vs Real Esteli Preview & Prediction
When is Diriangen vs Real Esteli taking place? Sunday 26th April, 2020 – 02:00 (UK)
Where is Diriangen vs Real Esteli taking place? Estadio Cacique Diriangén, Diriamba
What television channel is Diriangen vs Real Esteli on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Diriangen vs Real Esteli? This match cannot be streamed live in the UK
Where can I get tickets for Diriangen vs Real Esteli? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
THE TEAM NEWS
- Diriangen edged Juventus Managua in their final series play-off tie as they moved into the semi-finals of the Clausura and earned the chance to try and gain revenge against Real Esteli, the side that defeated them at the same stage of the Apertura.
- Diriangen were the better side for large spells but only took the lead just after the hour when Bernardo Laureiro broke the deadlock and a red card soon after for Juventus Managua made the hosts’ job easier.
- Even though they did not add to their tally, Diriangen did enough to progress and they are unlikely to make many changes for this contest although Daniel Martinez is a doubt with Luis Coronel hoping for a start if Martinez cannot feature.
- Real Esteli did what was required to secure second spot in the Clausura as they saw off Municial Jalapa in their final game of the regular season with that victory keeping Diriangen in third place.
- Esteli made it four games without defeat with their success against Jalapa thanks to strikes from Richard Rodriguez and Brandon Ayerdis which proved to be enough for the win despite their opponents pulling one back to give them a scare.
- After earning a spot in the semi-finals, Esteli should come into this with a fresher side and they are unlikely to make many changes to the side that defeat Jalapa which made it back-to-back away victories for them.
Diriangen will have plenty of motivation to overcome Real Esteli in this first leg of their semi-final clash in the Clausura. Diriangen were knocked out of the Apertura by Esteli at the same stage of that competition and were then denied second place in the Clausura standings by the same side. Esteli will be confident ahead of this tie but Diriangen have won their last six home matches and the hosts should be able to gain the upper hand ahead of the second leg.