2019-20 Nicaragua Primera Division – Real Esteli vs Diriangen Preview & Prediction
When is Real Esteli vs Diriangen taking place? Thursday 16th April, 2020 – 02:00 (UK)
Where is Real Esteli vs Diriangen taking place? Estadio Independencia, Estelí
What television channel is Real Esteli vs Diriangen on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Real Esteli vs Diriangen? This match cannot be streamed live in the UK
Where can I get tickets for Real Esteli vs Diriangen? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
THE TEAM NEWS
- Real Esteli ended their run of three matches without a win as they produced a solid display on the road at Chinandega and that victory saw them retake second spot in the Clausura after Diriangen were held to a draw against Municipal Jalapa.
- Edgar Castillo gave Esteli the lead although that did not last long as they were pegged back before the break but with a draw looking likely, goals from Brandon Ayerdis and Taufic Guarch in quick succession in the final 20 minutes handed the away side the three points.
- Esteli will now return to home soil for this crucial clash with Diriangen but they could be without goalscorer Castillo for this after he was withdrawn at half-time in the game against Chinandega.
- Diriangen were unable to end their winless run on the road as they had to settle for a point away at Municipal Jalapa as they failed to win away from home for the fourth game in succession in the Clausura.
- Neither side were able to find the back of the net in important clash as Diriangen surrendered their position in the top two and now face a second away game in quick succession against Real Esetli, the team that leapfrogged them into second place.
- Diriangen will be desperate to avoid defeat in this contest as they attempt to stay in the mix for a place in the final series but will have it all to do owing to their poor record away from home and may opt to name a more defensive side as a result.
Real Esteli and Diriangen will be hoping to join Managua in the final series but defeat for either team here could be pivotal. Esteli hold the narrow advantage by virtue of a superior goal difference with just two matches remaining and a win here would almost certainly mean they finish the Clausura in second place. They are unbeaten in their last six home matches and with Diriangen struggling for form on the road having failed to win any of their last four, the hosts should be able to avoid defeat here.