2019-20 Nicaragua Primera Division – Managua vs Walter Ferretti Preview & Prediction
When is Managua vs Walter Ferretti taking place? Saturday 18th April, 2020 – 22:00 (UK)
Where is Managua vs Walter Ferretti taking place? Estadio Nacional de Fútbol, Managua
What television channel is Managua vs Walter Ferretti on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Managua vs Walter Ferretti? This match cannot be streamed live in the UK
Where can I get tickets for Managua vs Walter Ferretti? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
THE TEAM NEWS
- Managua continued their superb run of form as they secured top spot in the Clausura with a demolition of Municipal Jalapa in midweek to make it three wins in a row as well as extending their unbeaten run to 11 matches.
- Christiano was the standout as he notched a hat-trick while goals from Pedro Espinoza, Christiam Quinto and Pablo Gallego completed the scoring for Managua as they racked up six goals and Jalapa’s late consolation goal will not have dampened their spirits.
- Managua will be full of confidence heading into the final series and will hope to add another victory here against Walter Ferretti but they have the luxury of resting some of their players if they wish.
- Walter Ferretti maintained their recent turnaround by making it four straight victories in the Clausura as they saw off Deportivo Las Sabanas and that win meant they can still qualify for the final series rather than going through the play-offs.
- Dshon Forbes opened the scoring midway through the first half and despite Walter Ferretti missing a penalty on the hour mark, they were eventually able to double their lead as Forbes scored his second of the game to seal a 2-0 win.
- Walter Ferretti now need to win this clash against league leaders Managua to stand a chance of finishing in the top two and they are unlikely to tweak their starting XI too much as they bid to continue their impressive form.
Managua will progress to the final series as the side at the top of the Clausura standings after signalling their intent for the title with a huge win in midweek. They ran out 6-1 winners against Municipal Jalapa to extend their unbeaten run to 11 games and they will now put their unbeaten home record on the line against Walter Ferretti. Their opponents have won their last four without conceding and will pose a significant threat to Managua with this game likely to see plenty of goals.