2019-20 Nicaragua Primera Division – Managua vs Municipal Jalapa Preview & Prediction
When is Managua vs Municipal Jalapa taking place? Thursday 16th April, 2020 – 02:00 (UK)
Where is Managua vs Municipal Jalapa taking place? Estadio Nacional de Fútbol, Managua
What television channel is Managua vs Municipal Jalapa on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Managua vs Municipal Jalapa? This match cannot be streamed live in the UK
Where can I get tickets for Managua vs Municipal Jalapa? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
THE TEAM NEWS
- Managua sealed their place in the final series of the Clausura as they continued their impressive run of form by beating Las Sabanas away from home to make it 10 games without defeat.
- The leaders could not have asked for a better start to the match after they took the lead inside the opening 60 seconds thanks to Marel Alvarez’s strike and despite conceding a penalty in the second half, Sabanas missed and Managua were able to see the game out.
- With their place in the final series sealed with two games remaining, Managua will now hope to secure top spot and are unlikely to make too many changes from the side that won at the weekend although Luis Gutierrez should come back into contention following a ban.
- Municipal Jalapa are in a strong position to qualify for the final series play-offs but will be concerned by failing to win for the third game in succession as they were held to a goalless draw against Diriangen.
- That was Jalapa’s second 0-0 draw in a row and their third game without scoring as their issues in front of goal have prevented them from mathematically sealing their place in the top six.
- If their lack of goals was not already an issue, they are likely to find it difficult to break their scoring drought as they head to Clausura leaders Managua with Jalapa managing just a solitary win on their travels so far this season.
Managua will compete in the final series after they made it 10 games unbeaten with another victory at the weekend. They look the side to beat and will confirm their spot at the top of the standings with a win over Municipal Jalapa in this game. The visitors are without a win in their last three and have failed to even register a single goal in any of those games which does not bode well for this trip. Managua have won six of their seven home games in the Clausura and are yet to taste defeat while Jalapa have only won once on the road which should mean a comfortable home victory here.