2019-20 Nicaragua Primera Division – Juventus Managua vs Deportivo Ocotal Preview & Prediction
When is Juventus Managua vs Deportivo Ocotal taking place? Thursday 16th April, 2020 – 00:00 (UK)
Where is Juventus Managua vs Deportivo Ocotal taking place? Complejo Deportivo De Fútbol Arnoldo y Matty Chávez, Masaya
What television channel is Juventus Managua vs Deportivo Ocotal on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Juventus Managua vs Deportivo Ocotal? This match cannot be streamed live in the UK
Where can I get tickets for Juventus Managua vs Deportivo Ocotal? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
THE TEAM NEWS
- Juventus Managua were involved in a bizarre game that ended prematurely in controversial circumstances against Real Madriz with their opponents walking off the pitch just after the home side had taken a 2-0 lead in that contest.
- Alexis Somarriba had given Juventus Managua the lead shortly before Allan Mercado doubled the lead but it was that effort that resulted in Madriz refusing to play on after they believed the goal to be offside.
- Confusion followed and the game was abandoned but the Nicaraguan FA have since awarded Juventus Managua a 3-0 victory to move them into the sixth and final spot in the final series play-offs with a narrow two-point advantage over Chinandega.
- Deportivo Ocotal have been on a poor run of form for a significant period now and their sixth defeat in their last seven matches last time out against Walter Ferretti confirmed their fate in the Clausura.
- With just 10 points from their 16 matches, Ocotal sit at the bottom of the standings and can no longer qualify for the final series play-offs after they were narrowly defeated by Walter Ferretti.
- A solitary goal in the lead up to half-time proved to be the difference between the two teams and with Ocotal unable to advance any further in the competition, they may opt to tweak their starting XI following a run of several games in quick succession.
Juventus Managua will be keen to put the controversial circumstances surrounding their last game behind them as they host Deportivo Ocotal in the hope of further enhancing their hopes of progressing to the final series play-offs. The hosts were awarded a 3-0 win by the FA after Real Madriz refused to finish the contest and they now occupy sixth spot in the standings. The hosts are on a superb run on home soil having avoided defeat in their last seven and with Ocotal without a win in any of their last seven games in the Clausura, this should be a comfortable win for Juventus Managua.