2019-20 Nicaragua Primera Division – Chinandega vs Deportivo Ocotal Preview & Prediction
When is Chinandega vs Deportivo Ocotal taking place? Saturday 18th April, 2020 – 22:00 (UK)
Where is Chinandega vs Deportivo Ocotal taking place? Estadio La Veranera, La Veranera
What television channel is Chinandega vs Deportivo Ocotal on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Chinandega vs Deportivo Ocotal? This match cannot be streamed live in the UK
Where can I get tickets for Chinandega vs Deportivo Ocotal? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
THE TEAM NEWS
- Chinandega failed to take advantage of Juventus Managua’s shock defeat at home to Deportivo Ocotal as they slipped to a third consecutive loss in the Clausura to leave their chances of qualifying for the play-offs hanging by a thread.
- Real Madriz managed to run out 2-0 winners as Chinandega’s poor form continued and they fate is out of their own hands with Juventus Managua possessing a two-point lead heading into the final round of matches.
- Chinandega will need a win here and have to hope Juventus Managua slip to defeat against Deportivo Las Sabanas but with them showing little in their last three games, changes may have to be made to the side if they want to give themselves a chance of making the top six.
- Deportivo Ocotal ended their dreadful run of form as they were able to earn their first away win in the Clausura by edging Juventus Managua in what was a surprising result for the already eliminated Ocotal.
- They knew that they could not qualify for the play-offs regardless of the result against Juventus Managua but that could have worked in their favour as Jonathan Moncada marked his return to the side with the only goal of the game inside the final 20 minutes.
- Ocotal will now look to wrap-up their campaign with another positive result and with the pressure off, they will hope to build on their win in midweek by attempting to win back-to-back games for the first time in this season’s Clausura.
Deportivo Ocotal threw the race for the final series play-offs wide-open as they earned a shock win at Juventus Manauga. It was their first away win in the Clausura and also ended their seven-match run without a win having lost six of those games. They now head to another side hoping to finish in the top six in Chinandega but the hosts have lost their last three games with that run coming at the worst possible time. This game could go either way and in what is likely to be a nervy affair for the home side, this contest should produce few goals.