2019-20 Mexican Liga MX – Tigres UANL vs Cruz Azul Preview & Prediction
When does Tigres UANL vs Cruz Azul kick off? Sunday 27th October – 02:05 (UK)
Where is Tigres UANL vs Cruz Azul being played? Estadio Universitario de Nuevo León (San Nicolás de los Garza)
What are the expected weather conditions for Tigres UANL vs Cruz Azul? Clear, 17c
What TV channel is Tigres UANL vs Cruz Azul on? Univision (USA), TUDN (Mexico)
Where can I stream Tigres UANL vs Cruz Azul? TUDN En Vivo (USA and Mexico)
Where can I get tickets for Tigres UANL vs Cruz Azul? No tickets available as venue is most filled with season-tickets holders
THE TEAM NEWS
- Tigres UANL have been on the rise over their last few weeks, winning each of their last three league matches while scoring multiple goals in each of those wins. They have gone W3, D1, L1 in their last five league encounters, and at home they have posted a W2, D2, L1 five-game form.
- Tigres should not have many injury absentees ahead of this contest, although Jose Francisco Torres and Julian Quinones are out. Meanwhile, Jesus Duenas is suspended after seeing a red card last week against Veracruz.
- Expected Starting XI: Nahuel Guzman; Luis “Chaka” Rodriguez, Carlos Salcedo, Hugo Ayala, Jorge Torres Nilo; Francisco Venegas, Guido Pizarro, Rafael Carioca; Lucas Zelarayan, Andre-Pierre Gignac, Eduardo Vargas
- La Maquina Cementera have been extremely inconsistent in recent weeks and while they posted a 5-2 home win over Club America earlier this month, they have gone W1, D2, L2 in their last five league matches. Most of their struggles have come on the road, where Cruz Azul have posted a W1, D3, L3 mark so far in the Apertura.
- Cruz Azul have already ruled out several players ahead of this match with Igor Lichnovsky, Yoshimar Yotun and Elias Hernandez all set to miss this game through injury while Pablo Aguilar is suspended after picking up a fifth yellow card last time out. Stephen Eustaquio is out as well.
- Expected Starting XI: Jose de Jesus Corona; Juan Escobar, Julio Cesar Dominguez, Jose Maduena, Adrian Aldrete; Guillermo Fernandez, Orbelin Pineda, Rafael Miranda Baca, Roberto Alvarado; Milton Caraglio, Jonathan Rodriguez
Tigres UANL are on the rise following their recent run of results, while Cruz Azul have struggled all season long and have been unable to show any kind of consistency. If we also include the fact that Tigres are on a three-game winning streak while Cruz Azul have posted just one win on the road thus far, it’s clear the home side should be favourites entering this match.