2019-20 Mexican Liga MX – Santos Laguna vs Queretaro Preview & Prediction
When does Santos Laguna vs Queretaro kick off? Wednesday 30th October, 2019 – 01:00 (UK)
Where is Santos Laguna vs Queretaro being played? Estadio Nuevo Corona (Torreón)
What are the expected weather conditions for Santos Laguna vs Queretaro? Clear, 25c
What TV channel is Santos Laguna vs Queretaro on? Fox Sports 2 Cono Norte (Mexico), Fox Sports 2 (USA)
Where can I stream Santos Laguna vs Queretaro? Fox Play Norte (Mexico), Foxsports.com (USA)
Where can I get tickets for Santos Laguna vs Queretaro? https://clubsantos.boletea.com.mx/ordertickets.asp?p=10&backurl=//clubsantos.boletea.com.mx/default.asp
THE TEAM NEWS
- Santos Laguna have dealt with some inconsistencies of late as they have won just one of their last four league matches (W1, D1, L2), although they enter this game on a two-game undefeated streak. They sit in third place of the standings with 27 points, tied with Queretaro and just one point behind league leaders Necaxa.
- Los Guerreros are reportedly at full strength entering this game as they do not have any injury concerns. They are expected to repeat the same starting XI they have been featuring over the past few weeks.
- Expected Starting XI: Jonathan Orozco; Carlos Orrantía, Doria, Hugo Rodríguez, Gerardo Arteaga; Fernando Gorriarán, Ulises Rivas, Diego Valdés, Brian Lozano; Julio Furch, Erick ‘Culebra’ Castillo
- Gallos Blancos de Queretaro have been one of the biggest surprises of the 2019-20 Liga MX season so far, as they transformed a strong start to the season into a likely playoff berth. They enter this game on a three-game winning streak and sit second in the standings with 27 points. They are ahead of Santos Laguna solely based on their superior goal differential (+12 against Santos’ +11).
- Queretaro shouldn’t have many absences ahead of this contest although captain Jair Pereira and forward Ake Loba are both doubtful. The centre-back is expected to play, while the Ivorian striker will be a game-time decision. Fabian Castillo could replace the latter if he’s not available.
- Expected Starting XI: Gil Alcalá; Enrique López, Luis Romo, Jair Pereira, Alexis Pérez; Jaime Gómez, Jordan Sierra; Ake Loba (Fabián Castillo), Jesús Escoboza, Jeison Lucumí; Ayron del Valle
Both sides should be evenly matched entering this contest if we look at the league standings. However, Santos have been extremely dominant at home so far in the Apertura with 23 goals scored in only seven matches (3.28 per game) and they remain undefeated on their own turf (W6, D1). Meanwhile, Queretaro have lost just once on the road (W4, D2, L1) while conceding just five times – the best mark in the Liga MX away from home. All signs point towards this game ending in a draw.